html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: Bah. Who said the jungles in mainland were better than the ones in Tekong???

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Bah. Who said the jungles in mainland were better than the ones in Tekong???

After hiking up the hill for 2hrs with a 20kg load, we finally reached our objective. Eyelids felt heavier than usual. Was beginning to wonder if I would still be able to walk when i am 50. No time for much pondering though. There's lots to be done to secure a habour base. Took a short nap at 3 am, fully equipped of course with helmet on and my trusty sar slung to my body (in case we were suddenly 'attacked'). 4am. Time to move off for our attack on our objective. Had to hike up a hill that looks almost vertical (why are enemies forever so darn smart?).

To think I thought hiking was fun last time. After 2 more hours of torturous ascending, we reached our objective at 6am as scheduled. Had to wait fot the green light to attack. Totally wet, tired and cold. I miss you my dear. Civillian life never looked better from where I am now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home