html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: To change or not to change? That is the question...

Sunday, January 30, 2005

To change or not to change? That is the question...

Why is everyone getting the coolest gadgets and gizmos except me??? Haha.. Xinyi juz bought a Nokia 7620.. Real jealous of her phone. Has a super cool functions layout for a start. Next, a resolution much better than mine!!! It also comes with the latest games, almost 3-D effect like. Has a powerful digi-cam like phone camera with God knows how many times zoom capabilities. Hrummph. How much more can you ask for? Sigh. She is able to use her phone as an MP3 player as well! Darn... Why does the latest gadgets go to anyone other than me?

Hrummph. I also wanna get a digital camera. Seems like evryone has one of those while I'm still using my dad's good ol, bulky ol, uncool ol, dull black ol, film based ol, super heavy ol minolta camera. Oh well. I just hope that I'll save up enough money as soon as possible.

Gadgets craze is becoming the latest fad in town. Turn any pages of newspapers on a saturday and you'll find advertisements for handphones, cameras, computers, song players, and much more. Are Singaporeans getting more lavish on their lifestyles?

Traditional school of thought: "A handphone is a handphone wad... Usable can alredy lor"

Recalcitrant school of thought: "But that phone is newer, and has more functions, got CAMERA and acts as an MP3 also!"

Traditional school of thought: " But what is the use of a phone? It is just used for communication right? Can call and sms good enough lor."

Recalcitrant school of thought: " Communication? Don't get me started! New phones now allows users to MMS and commuunicate via the WEB through E-MAILS! The latest phones allows VIDEO CONFERENCING as well!"

Traditional school of thought: " Are you prepared to pay more for your phone? As well as an increase in your monthly phone bills as you MMS and go WEB-SURFING and DOWNLOADING with your phone?"

Recalcitrant school of thought: " Hmmm......."

I am in caught a dilemma... While i yearn to have a new phone and a new camera, half my mind tells me not to waste money on something new as the old ones though have worn out their style but not their usage, the other half tells me to acquire the latest fandangles. Sheesh...

Im torn between the 2 schools... Help anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home