html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: How thick can I get???

Monday, November 14, 2005

How thick can I get???

Was out with the princess for the whole of yesterday. Went to many different places. We started off by having lunch at the most unexpected place. The EXPO!!! Yes. The EXPO. This is because there is a food fair again!!! Stalls and stalls of sinful goodies. Totally hard to resist. If I wasn't stopped, I probably would have bought an item from every stall. So in the end we settled with Gultinous rice in crab, Honey-glazed chicken wings, Duck floss wrapped in prata, Taiwan ji pa, a bag of Potato wedges and a large cup of Soya milk with grass jelly. I nearly could not walk out of the EXPO.

Also of noteworthy content we went to the new Marina Square! Ok. May not be new to most of you CIVILLIANS out there but certainly, it was my first time there after the revamp. And OMG. How the place has changed in such a short span of time.

For one, the place is freaking big. We wandered around aimlessly half the time and keep getting lost. Haha. We had to walk round in circles just to back track to a particular shop. Despite the huge area the place is too cold for its own good. I was shivering half the time. But cold temperature aside, that mall has every shop that I can think off. Besides, there are also some lesser known but fabulous restaurants there. Like Carl Jr. Fast Food. Yummy thick-pattied burgers. Slurp!

We rounded off the day of shopping at Marina with a dinner at Sake Sushi. And they do not serve complimentary green tea there anymore! Hrummph. A tea bag now cost a dollar ++ now. I shall boycott that place from now on. Ahahaha. The princess will kill me if I do that. After a sumptuous meal and a lighter purse ( XinYi picked up the tab this time. Wheee!), we took a stroll down to Esplanade. And it was decorated for Christmas!!! The trees at the entrance were draped with hanging lights. Very much like vines. And in the middle of every "vine" there is a huge lighted plastic star! So pretty!

I must have been really backward. I didn't even know there was a "Glutton Bay" modelled after Glutton Square at Orchard road. Haiz. And we saw 2 cats prowling around there too! Talk about high class felines. While other cats are contended to laze around neighbourhoods, these cultured kitties listen to operas, watch dramas, walk along river banks, enjoy sea breezes and dine on only the finest leftovers at the Esplanade. Cute!

We managed to catch a bit of martial arts demonstration and a malay-tribal fusion band in action at the two outdoor theatres by the bay. Totally awesome. Besides entertainment arts, there were lots of Asian-influenced visual arts displayed for the public as well. At the rear entrance of the Esplanade there was a huge artwork on the floor. It is made up of tens of tiles, each individually decorated with an amazing array of colours. The more fascinating fact is: It is decorated with coloured dust!!! I can't imagine how much effort, time and manpower is needed to finish a work like that. Phew!

On the way home, we passed by City Link mall where we were stopped by a man at the usual place of the mall concierge outside Nooch restaurant. He let us sample a few sips of vodka which was very cutely drawn from gigantic fish-bowl like glass wine barrels. Those who know me would definitely know that I don't booze. No beers, no wines, no champanges no nothing. But last night for once I was impressed with the taste of their vodka. A 210ml bottle cost 30 bucks. Which is quite cheap considering its heavenly taste and its unique packaging. After sampling different kinds of vodka, we settled for a bottle of Fig and vodka, light gold in colour. The salesman suggested mixing it with sparkling lemon. Woohoo! Yeah. It's brand name? Flaschengeist. Sounds greek but it's actually Australian in origin. Lovely liqueur.

I am drifting from my blog title.

Why was I thick???

I brought a camera to take all the would-be lovely pictures.

And I forgot to charge the God-damned battery!!!

How thick can I get?

Which is why there is no pictures for this post when there should be many.

I swore I could kick myself... Hrummph...

I'm booking in and confining myself to a week of facing the Tekong sea for a week as punishment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home