html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: One week of fun gone... Back to the same old routine...

Monday, November 07, 2005

One week of fun gone... Back to the same old routine...

It was a good 7 days of fun being out in the civillian world. Now I'm just 8 hours away from being carted back to camp along with thousands of other recruits facing the same fate. It's really funny how things go. 20 months of national service and you would have thought that I would more or less got used to the routine of booking in and out.

But no, I still feel that same tinge of sadness and nostalgia present during the day when me family left me in Tekong when I first enlisted. Oh well. Just gotta endure 7 more months of shit and I'll be on my way to become a civillian once again!

ORD LOH!!!!!

Anyway it was a nice break for me. I got to spend a lot of time with my family this week as the princess was busy preparing for her papers which only ended two days ago. Spent countless hours playing DOTA which can be highly addictive I must admit. No other computer game has got me hooked so much other than this one. It's all your fault Alan for lending me the game!!! Hahaha. Joking. I asked him for the cd in the first place.

Yup. Managed to go play pool with my bros a couple of times. I still suck among all of them. Yawn. Must be playing too much pool in camp that I got so sick of it. Went to Geylang Serai too! On the eve of Hari Raya. Must really thank the princess for forking out time from her studies to accompany me on the trip. Was really disappointed with the stores there this year. So we ended up not buying anything but eating a lot instead. Between us we ate... One Ramly burger, one roti john, one chicken kebab, one box of you tiao with mayo (yummy!), two of those deep fried dough with a prawn on it (watsitname?), black pepper and cheese sausages and two bottles of lemon tea! Impressive huh? I polished off most of it as I really was famished that night.

Then I met up with Xiang Ning on Friday night. Went to pasta mania for dinner. Hahaha. Cheap prices for good pastas. Went shopping around Bugis for my wallet and I still can't find one that I like! Bah! It's hard to find men's wallets with a coin holder section nowadays. And all wallets have too many card holders. Machiam I own so many credit cards like that. Wanted to go and find Sok Wan and Doris too. But too bad they're studying for their last paper tomorrow. All the best for tomorrow's paper! Don't come back without an A! We'll meet up again on Xiang Ning's birthday k?

Last night I went to Tamp mall with the princess. And we had Teppan-yaki for dinner! Hahaha. Two decades on earth and this is the first time I had Teppan-yaki. Damn. I must be some form of mountain tortoise man. Anyway the beef was really good! Fried in the special satay-lookalike sauce. Must do it again some time. Yummy! The chef looks real cool doing the cooking in front of us. Guess its presentation that counts no matter where you go or what you do.

Ah well. It was a good break. 7 days just slipped through my fingers. Time really flies when one's enjoying. All that's left is an afternoon with the princess and a dinner with my family before I'm off to camp!

Take care all you folks out there! Catch up and next Saturday!

And Liverpool won last night!

I just have to put that down.

Chaos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home