html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: The calm after the storm...

Thursday, September 14, 2006

The calm after the storm...

Nah not before but after.

But after yesterday's failure of the driving test I did felt like trash the whole day. However Charleston was right. I did felt better after a night's sleep. And I woke up feeling like a new man. I shall put the past behind and look forward. No point crying over determined driving assessors. I will not be blogging about my test anymore or so I hope.

Anyway got a lil' blog worthy stuffs worth mentioning. I believe I must probably be the last person to read Mitch Albom's The Five People You Meet In Heaven. But that is one heck of a powerful novel. I guess I'm probably the only guy to tear, I must bashfully say, rather furiously while reading the final chapters of this book. So embarassing. Fortunately I was sitting in an obscure part of the train and the peak period crowd didn't take any notice of me. But I must say the ability of a writer to translate feelings and emotions from letter heads on pages, so strongly, and pass it on to the reader is a powerful gift. I always believe that a pen is mightier than a sword. Mithc Albom has certainly demonstrated the ability to move so many hearts. If I'm not the last person to read this book than you gotta go and get it cos probably you're the last person who have not been moved. It'll do no justice to the book if I tried to describe it here so there. You gotta read it. It's magical.

Went for a jog this evening and it totally refreshed me. I managed to run my greatest distance since AHM 2 years ago. Wahahaha. Ran till I almost hit fort road at the western end of east coast and back. No sign of the haze as mentioned by Cheers. That's one of the perks for living near the sea I guess. An hour twenty plus of solid jogging left me feeling energized to criticise the last few of S'pore idols when I got back.

No doubt Hady was good. Jonathan's so so and Jasmine is still there because of her improvement but wth??? Look, Taufik (previous idol winner) was good too but what's the point??? Win S'pore idol, and YOU might just be the next poster boy for 7-11!!! Or stand a chance to appear on slimming advertisements!!! Where are our idols today??? But never mind. I was really convinced that our idols are doomed when I saw Staccie Orrico performed live some hours back. They are WORLDS apart from her. Anyway the only idol I ever supported this season was Gayle Nerva. Missed her trademark sideward nose snort. She was good but was not given a chance to really show. Definitely can be better than poser Rahimah anyway. Still one question looms. Where does all the millions of 60 cents collected from all the crazy mei meis go to? Its a lamentable fact that a S'pore idol's popularity is skewed towards the one with the richest fans. Haiz. LAME.

It's a full skooling day tomorrow thankfully. Something to do. The poor princess is buried to the neck with work again. Sigh. Will it ever end? Wished I could have donated the hours I have to her. Seriously. There is never enough time for those poor OT students. I've always told Cheers that the reason I have so much free time is because I paid more for my education so I work less.
IF, Skool Fees+Effort=Degree,

therefore ceteris paribus,

An increased in skool fees = A reduction in effort.

My theory holds true.

But no one believes me. Sheesh.
All the best to those working hard. Ignore the nosh I written above it's just for fun. I gotta study hard too. Exams in a month.

On a brighter note, Mooncake Festival is coming!!!!

Some Mooncake advertisements' coming soon.

My mom should be paying me for this. Hrummph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home