html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: From Geylang to Changi... Orh...

Sunday, March 04, 2007

From Geylang to Changi... Orh...

Looking back it's been a long time since I've blogged a wordy entry.

Let's see. I remembered being tied down by project and the studying of mid-sem marketing paper the whole of last week and I finally got some breathing space today. So I shall blog till my hearts content. Hehehe...

Anyone noticed the change in blog song? Hahaha. It's to coincide with the 花样少年少女 show that I've been faithfully catching at 7 every weekday. Got infected thanks to the Princess. She recommended that drug for me to watch. Now I can't stop following it. And NO I do not watch the show just to see wu chun... And I definitely do not watch the show for ella anyway. But the show is just plain funny and entertaining. And no Weasel it is not too sissy a show for a guy to watch unlike you watching *Ahem.. F.... Ahem... 4..... Ahem Meteor Gardens... Ahem... Eeeeeeee. Wahaha!

Anyway this is the peak period of this semester I suppose? Crazy amount of work to be done, tons of notes to read and some mid semester papers to handle. Well I guess it's all the same for all uni people now, so I should not complain too much then. But what I can complain about about about group member(s) not pulling their weight in group work. Its is frustrating, agonizing, infuriating, to be working with people who wishes to 'free ride' their way to a respectable project grade. It's not just within my group, but other groups as well. Seems like there will at least be a 'black sheep' among every team I suppose. I've been blamed by other group members for not making free loaders work and for forgiving them too easily. But what can I do? I can't knock them down can I?

I've always said I'm tired of scolding others. I do not want to. 2 years of scolding others and torturing others is more than enough for life. But I shall do what is most cruel. I SHALL KEEP QUIET. Yup I shall keep quiet and let free-loaders ride their way out of projects. Desmond says that is most evil because I do not correct their mistakes nor do I let them learn anything by letting them do 'mindless senseless easy work'. Then at next semester, when no one wants to do work with them, they do not know how to work on their own as well. So I guess I am still evil... Just like old times... MUWAHAHA!!!

I can scold recruits because they need to be shaped and moulded. But I definitely should not be scolding fellow course mates whom some are older and supposedly wiser than I am I suppose?
Enough free loaders slamming. On a happier note I finally caught Letters of Iwo Jima! Caught the show with the Princess on Saturday at Plaza Singapura. I am firstly unpleasantly surprised at the limited venues of screening what I thought was a wholesome and good movie. But then again how many people like me are interested in historic war epics anyway. People would rather pay $9.50 to catch 'Borat' instead. LOLZ.

But tanks, guns and planes aside, this movie have the right combination of action, suspense, romance, sadness and yes even humour. There are times when you laugh out loud at some really comical scenes and there are times when you just wish war will never happen. It is true that in a war, all of the mask that we man put up will be stripped away, and everyone's inner emotions will be displayed, written on the forehead that the helmet rests on. Sadness, Cruelty, Timidness, Resourcefulness, Thoughtfulness, Selflessness and even plain Cowardice are all displayed in this movie. You will see the difference between good commanders and pathetic commanders, whose decisons will make all the difference in war times.

Although the level of gore is at the bare minimum, Clint Eastwood has successfully painted war as a dreadful and totally excruciating event, created out of Man's foolishness and selfish purposes. The fighting scenes are minimal too and I had certainly wished for more. But that's what made this movie a perfectly balanced one as even girls can enjoy the movie without the excessive concentration on those battle hardwares. I speak generally about the show without going into details so as not to spoil it for those who have not watched it. That what I call $9.50 well spent. Or $8... If you're a Safra member like me. Hehehe.

Oh wondered what's with the title? Hahaha. After the movie I caught up with the usual guyzos and we had supper at You Tiao Da Wang at midnight. We had to wait a while for a table as Geylang was swarming with supperteers and ahem... other people looking to fulfil their erm hunger in some other ways. Xiao Long Baos, You Tiaos, Carrot Cakes, Tau Huay are good for health. Yeow, Weasel and I polished off 2 baskets of those dumplings on top of our own 'main dishes'. Cheers that's why you are so skinny and we are like that la. You make us look bad.

We were bored after supper so we travelled to Changi just to see planes land and take off at close range. And we just have to run into a road block. A police road block. I swear it is the MAN UNITED decorations all over Weasel's car that got us pulled over. The police officer must have been a Liverpool fan (Liverpool lost to ManU in the final min of the match just a couple of hours before this). We were questioned and had our particulars recorded and verified as part of the routine inspection.

Police Officer X: "Where did you all come from prior to this?"

Weasel: "Oh Geylang"

Police Officer X: " Wah you all just came from Geylang and now you all going Changi???"

The officer had the bewildered look. Somehow we do not look like blood thirsty, sex deprived and perverse 22 year-olds. But he was joking and after learning that we were all JC friends currently studying in universities now, and with clean records, he waved us off and told us to drive safely.

But I'm sure that poor NSF police officer would have gave all to be out on a Saturday night. Who would rather do road block duty than go Geylang and Changi (FOR THE RIGHT PURPOSES HOR)? But it was quite an experience. Night outs with those guys are never uneventful.

Time to go edit project work. Take care folks!

*Totally irrelevant note; Movies to look out for: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Spider Man 3, Mr. Bean the Holiday. I LOVE my Safra Card.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home