html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: Dilemma

Friday, May 16, 2008

Dilemma

When I first came over Australia, I was very sure that upon graduation, I would go back SG to work. Then I slowly got psycho-ed by Tricia and HuiHui (subconsciously) and now I want to work in Perth. I was so sure I sent a resume and received a call that they will arrange an interview somewhere in May, and I told my dad about the decision yesterday. But after some researching, I'm now having this huge headache as to whether I should stay in Perth, or go back SG.

Need to do some decisional balance exercises.

Pros of working in Perth:
  • Better privilege (OTs are HUGE here)
  • Better pay (about double??)
  • Lesser work (8 clients a day?!?!? So many?!?!)
  • Quality of aged care service is so much higher than in SG ==> more experience gained which will lead to my ultimate goal
  • The lovely weather (meaning I can play with scarfs and boots and beanies and not look like a cuckoo)
  • The beaches

Cons of working in Perth:

  • Away from Shaun, family and friends
  • Have to pay rent (and other sort of bills)
  • High tax for non-residents (which will cancel out the high pay)
  • No friends
  • No laksa, hokkien mee, chwee kway, kway chap, char kway teow, grass jelly with soya bean milk, gui hua cha, fish for at least another year

Went to research abit on PR, and it seems that I am eligible for PR in Australia, which means my tax would be lesser and which means that it may be worth it to stay here for at least another year. Think it'll be more settled when I actually GET the job. Arghh. And now I can't concentrate on any work because all I can think about is this issue.

Anyway, booked the flight back to SG already - 1st July. The whole day was brainstorming about how to get the luggages to the airport and return the keys to the agent at the same time. And because Tricia and I are still not sure if we are working here yet, it's so difficult to settle everything. And it's the middle of May already!! Gosh. Sil will be here mid June, and we'll be going travelling, and that doesn't leave alot of days to settle all these stuffs. Arghh!

I need to concentrate on my work and worry more about this when I get the job. But it's SO difficult!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home