html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: Happy new post!

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy new post!

My first entry for the year!

Firstly let me apologise for the lack of consistent blogging but it has been non stop partying and money spending since the 25th. Didn't even have the time to sleep much less blog. Haha. But I can see my assistant blogger-in-command have been keeping you all entertained so I guess all's fine.

Let's start off with my sad departure from the law firm. Everyone's sad (especially the secretaries) to see me leave, not because they miss me but because they know on Wednesday morning there's no one else to do deflect all the arrows to. Bwahaha. But arrows and what nots aside, the 6 weeks I spent at law firm was indeed enjoyable. I've learnt tons of stuff from all of the staff. Got treated by boss twice at posh restaurants as well. Heh. But its really nice to start off my office working life in a medium corporation. No backstabbing gossiping and all the nosh that I hear are typical of offices lei (maybe I just don't hear enough). But finally its time to put all those office shirt and pants back to the old closets!!!

Oh and yes. I visited Vivo city within 2006. I must be the only cuckoo who haven't visited Vivocity. Despite all the hype and excitement, I think Vivo city sucks as a place to hang out or to shop. Firstly, the crowd was huge. Secondly the walkways are bloody narrow. Thirdly, there are too many people wheeling prams all around. The shops are expensive and the architecture sucks. Hard to find the bloody atm and toilets. Hahaha. The list goes on. Wanted to catch a movie with the princess there. When I first saw the queue at Golden Village it was bloody long! Only to realise that that was the queue for those who booked tickets through phone! Then I saw the queue for 'normal' unbooked tickets which extended to the shops and it was really "Ok, lets forget about watching movies." There are inadequate directions and it would really suck if you're trying to locate a particular place. The only consolation? I found my new favouritest restaurant. Sushi Tei!!!


Our side dish besides tempura rice set and curry chicken noodles (I whacked the food before remembering to take pictures)


Dessert time! Strawberry with ice cream and watermelon sorbet.


The super sweet ice cream goes swell with the sour strawberry

Price wise it is not very much different from Sakae Sushi. I don't think I'm ever going to eat at Sakae again. For budget Japanese food Sushi Tei's the way to go! Tired of walking around Vivocity aimlessly we left right after dinner. Maybe I'll visit it again after all the hype has died down.

But we'll fast forward to new year's eve where it was more exciting. FINALLY Finally finally managed to catch up with old buddies Yiquan and Cheok! Haven seen them for ages. The last time I saw Cheok was when he was still a recruit, and he's now ORD-ing in 30 days! Gosh. Cheok kindly drove us all to Adam for Sunday service before we headed to Raffles City for lunch and Ben and Jerry's. Must really find one day to go night cycling again. Been a long time really. Both of them unanimously agreed that I should have wheeled my bike across the ECP barrier that day and chiong up the expressway on the road shoulder (if any of you remember). Next time we shall do that together then even if I go jail I won't be alone. Heh. Went to his house to drink and play taboo after that. His arsenal of booze and their mixes never fail to amaze me. He's a fully qualified bartender on basis of extensive experimentation of mixes and excessive drinking. Haha.

Had to head down to new church building at Paya Lebar for the annual family communion on the last day of the year. Building's really big and grand. Can't wait to be attending services there. No more travelling all the way down to Adam from now on! Got direct bus from my house somemore. Shiok! Went seafood dinner with family after that. Urgh I still cannot take the spicyness of black pepper crabs haha. Dada drove me to Parkway to meet up with the guyzos for K box.

We got ripped off cos we each coughed up about $24 to sing for about 2 hours only. Haha. But really New Year eve is the day to spend money recklessly. But I cant believe that there are people (fools) who are willing to spend $$$ to sing after 12 am as it would have cost much more again. Weasel and Cheers exposed me to more nice Chinese songs. Haha. Weasel is the King of Sun Yan Zi's songs la. Practically can memorise the lyrics of every of her song le. Surprisingly I was not that bad as well. What I can't read on the screen I make up for it with memory. Hahaha. Power of 933 is flowing in my veins!!!

After singing ourselves hoarse we managed to catch flares fired from boats and as well as the fireworks that are fired at Marina. That's why I love counting down at east coast. No crowd, huge amount of space and a great view of everything. I was already thinking of the resolutions I will break this year as I watched the fireworks and flares.

Rip off of the night part 2. Went to Orchard Cathay to watch Curse of the Golden Flower at 215 am. Tickets cost 9 bucks and we unfortunately got front row seats. Whee.


Show should be aptly renamed "Curse of the Golden Boobies"


Led by the 36-D pair of boobs of course.

K boobs aside, the only worthy parts of the show were Chow Yun Fat's great acting and the cool Tang dynasty era fighting scenes. The story line sucked to the core. I'm gonna spoil the movie as I don't recommend anyone watching it. Basically the show is about the life of a king(Chow Yun Fat), his queen(Gong Li), and their 3 sons (of which Jay Chou is one of).

Which in the end all of his sons died. The first son was a horny prince who was having an affair with the queen(his step mom) while at the same time happily screwing a young palace lady who in the end turned out to be his sister. Hahaha. While he was the crown prince and the apple of the King's and Queen's eye, he died at the hands of the youngest prince who wanted the throne for himself.

The youngest prince died for killing his elder brother and for trying to usurp the throne the underhand way. Chow Yun Fat is one indomitable king. Great Kungfu display. Lets move on to Jay Chou. For one he should stick to singing. I was giggling everytime he tried to speak. Imagine the typical 'sian and bo hue' Jay Chou face choking back tears and trying to look concerned. Sorry la Jay Chou fans but it just didn't work for me. He was basically the most worthy of the princes and also the most filial. He does not harbour any thoughts of gaining the throne and he sought to redress his Gong Li's grievances on learning that she is being fed with poison daily. With his giant halberd, he rallies the troops marked by the golden flower in a coup attempt against the King, which of course failed. The King was devastated at his rebellion as he planned to hand the throne to him.

Which is why the plot sucks. The 3 sons died, we do not know what happened to Gong Li and there was no conclusion to the story. Basically Jay Chou the hero died because he "ting ma ma de hua". K that was lame but really. DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE. I give this show 2 thumbs down (actually 2 middle fingers up would be a more appropriate rating). Another noteworthy aspect was that there were people of other races watching the movies as well. There was an indian worker who went in before us alone. Well if you wanna see tons of boobies that's the show for you.

But it was a splendid end to the year and I really enjoyed myself immensely that day. Looking through 2007's calender I realise this is one of the year with the shortest amount of long weekends. Bleagh. But skool's starting on the 10th for me so I guess I should not be complaining? Yay finally I'm going to buy my new guitar with Yeow and Weasel tomorrow. Sorry princess dear but there will be another Lao Po between us soon! Muwahaha!

Happy New Year to all folks! Hurry up and think of all the resolutions to break!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home