html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: A belated National Day Post

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A belated National Day Post

It's when you are away when you realise how much you have grown to think of SG as your home, how you've take the little things for granted - things like 24 hours coffee shop, the ability to flag a cab wherever and whenever, getting pens for 50cents each, and heck, even walking alone at night without fearing for your safety!

I miss the good transport system (I wouldn't complain abt taxis disappearing near midnight, when we have to call for a cab here in broad daylight. And sometimes, it doesn't even come. The meter here jumps every 5s!!); knowing where to find cheap and good food; the safety; and being able to go shopping after classes. Here, we end classes at 4 plus and the onli place we can go is home. Coz the shops closes at 5.30pm latest. Thank goodness for late-night shopping on Thursdays and Fridays (for the City).

Whenever we go on Leech Highway towards the City, and we pass by the "CBD" area, the sight always remind me of our own CBD area whenever we cross the ECP. The somehow familiar view makes me feel at home, yet the slight differences (lack of neon signs saying OCBC, UOB, Maybank and what nots) make me realise that I'm far away.

I can't wait till my plane lands down in SG. I can't wait for the "tired relief I always feel when my flight touches down at Changi" (Choo, 2007). So true, so true....

In the meantime, I gotta savour my last year as a student, and work hard.

Happy Belated Birthday Singapore! I'm missing you right here...

1 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy tramadol ultram tramadol dosage mg/kg - buy ultram online uk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home