html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: Sim Day Out Part One

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Sim Day Out Part One


Glorious food! But where are we???

Its the first day of study break and skool's out for a month of intense mugging in preparation for the year end exams. Well no first day of the study break begins with studying for me anyway. So the Sim gang decided to take a day off for R&R. We head down to a restaurant in Excelsior Hotel yesterday and had Dim Sum buffet! We've been talking about organising a trip for dim sum buffet since semester one and we're only here at the end of semester 3. We are great procrastinators la.

As the shamelessly self-appointed group Chief R&R Officer, yours truly with the help of the other guyzos coordinated and planned this chill out session. Well it's to reward ourselves for the hard work done throughout the semester also. ( My main 'hard work' for this sem's probably planning R&R activities... LOL)

Bleargh. Menu's printed in CHINESE!!! And the english translation on another piece of menu does not help.

So you think you're good? Tell me the official English name for Siew Mai, Har Gao or Guo Tie. And I swear by my limited chinese that Xiao Long Bao's not 'small dragon dumplings' or whatever on the menu. Hahaha. Thankfully people like Sharon and Yu Ping understand chinese and it helps that regulars like Charleston know the menu well enough to order what we want.


Camera-trigger happy moments before the food. Vivian and Ginny, always smiling.

Soon the food arrives... Baskets by baskets.

Kang is a really shy guy. Maybe Sharon do eat people up. Who knows?

Pieces of heaven in the mouth...

I was the serial Har Gao murderer of the day. Don't think anyone even came close to the number of Har Gaos I ate. Hehehe. Have a soft spot for them... Lost count of how many baskets I ruthlessly annexed...

Beats the one from Hoe Kee definitely...

The gravy, that oozes from these 'little sins' as Kang would call them, Ahhh....

Food, besides filling the tmmy, are good photograph fillers too. Hahaha.

May we reiterate it again...

And again...
-
We were stuffing ourselves with basket after baskets of food. The food's great though some dishes are clearly lacking in adequate 'good stuffs'. Like my century egg porridge that has only a tiny slice of century egg. But the food quality's great. Other things like Char Siew Bao went too fast before I could capture it. The chopsticks are faster than my olympus. LOL. Think only Charleston, Desmond and I ate our money's worth. Health conscious Kang ate as little as the other gals. Hehehe.

Charleston's Angels... That fortunate fellow...

Missing in action... Adelene... Why you dance so much???


Desmond and I mucking around. LOL.

Desserts! My mango pudding lacks punch. Not sweet enough and not enough mango in it.

On the other hand, I should have taken this instead. Vivian made the right choice. LOL.


The picture that speaks a thousand words. And some other things. . . Sim peeps hope you get what I mean... Hehehe...


I should have charge Charleston for these priceless pics before sending...

The dim sum buffet at 16 bucks per pax is a small price to pay for such a wonderful brunch with such lovely companions. Can't believe I went to play badminton after this. Hahah. Part 2 of the day will be up shortly, with more fun, food and scandals. Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home