html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: When I first set eyes on Australia...

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

When I first set eyes on Australia...


All I see is one huge mass on land... Must be like a million times the size of Singapore?


Can anyone tell me what on earth this huge white expanse of land is? A desert? I was very intrigued by it...

I finally set foot on soil outside the continent of Asia. Was pretty excited as its the first time I had a chance to go somewhere beyond a 4 hour flight too. Qantas food was really crummy. I had to push away my weird tasting funky smelling revolting looking cold thai mince chicken salad. My poach salmon feels more like sharks meat as it was extra chewy. The mash potato tasted like badly made baby food. THUMBS DOWN FOR THAT MEAL. My only consolation was the chocolate ice cream bar and cadbury's time out they served up as desserts.

Perth, through the duration of my stay boasts of perfect weather! My only disgrunt was the FLIES. Millions of them descending from seemingly nowhere to bug every moving creature in Australia. We shall talk more about the nuances of Australia as compared to Singapore in time to come. But for now on with the first day out! After 2 uneventful days, I finally saw some action!


Perth Central train station - On a Friday morning... I love the fact that you are allowed to bring bicycles on board trains at selected carriages during off peak times.


We took a train ride down to Subiaco! Visited one of their markets. Spotlessly clean and dry unlike ours. Strawberries sell at 2.99 bucks a punnet!!! One of the few things in Australia that's illegally cheap.


Caught sight of this queer advertisement. Dedicated to YOU KNOW WHO... Read the sign dudes! Sure wished I knew what the heck event that is.


Walked passed this cute shop called 'HOLY SHEET'. Deals in all EXPENSIVE household items and of course bedsheets. Check out the cute commandmants! *Click picture for instant happiness! One thing I love about Australians is their ability to joke and take jokes.


London court near Hay Street.
-

A surf wear mall! Surfwear, punk clothes and skater brands are everything to Australians.


I thought their store mix of music was cool. And Nightstar pointed out why... There's an 'in-store' DJ pumping in the latest tunes with a twist! Sweet or what!
-

Off a T-shirt... Talk about jokes...


Hay Street malls by the fading lights...

Call it Forgotwahtisthisbuilding'sname. My laziness in recording my visits, coupled with a bad memory, thrown in with a procrastination in blogging equals lotsa lotsa lapse in information provision! Watch out for more erm lapses in subsequent posts!
-

Spoken too soon! I only remember this tower like building is near swan river... I can almost hear Xinyi's "exasperated aiyoh"... I'm sorry but at least I blogged it right? Hahaha. My poor readers...


We enjoyed this breathtaking sunset view by swan river at around 830 pm. The sun does not sets till 9pm! I'm really beginning to fall in love with perth... All those hours of daylight really makes one seize the time and make full use of the day!
-

End of my 3rd day in Perth. Many more sun filled fun filled days to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home