html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: Recencies. . .

Monday, June 16, 2008

Recencies. . .

Just a short entry since I'm so tired.

I've been out of job since last Thursday and I must say the holidaying and relaxing schedule is taking a toll on me. I still can't get used to being horizontal for more than 10 hours a day. Wonder how people like Weasel does it. Hahaha!

From Thursday till now I've attended the computer fair (which was pretty disappointing), made my passport (which will be collectable in 2 days time), attended my younger bro's commissioning parade (which will warrant a post by itself at a later date), followed elder bro and his fiance to recce renovations for their new house, met up with the guyzos for Supner at Hongkong Cafe in Katong and finally went to Yeow's house to watch NBA Finals Game 5 and at the same time pick up some guitar pointers from him this very morning.

It's been a packed schedule so far since my self declared unemployment, and I really look forward to some peace and quiet alone tomorrow. I've got it all planned and I'm torn between cycling to East Coast Park and setting up my hammock and cuddling into it with a novel or doing the very same comfortable reading deed say at TCC in Bugis or somewhere with aircon and comfy sofa in lieu of the recent heatwave. The Princess is currently on a 3-day road trip down south of Perth with her good friend Silver and will only be back on Wednesday evening as part of her week long (maybe longer?) post-exam celebrations. So your's truly is currently your only blogger-in-command in the meantime! MUWAHAHA! You're stuck with whatever nonsense that I want to say! Hahaha. I will be doing my younger bro's commissioning post next so check back in a couple of days (if i feel like it of course)!

- - - - - - - - - -

On a totally irrelevant note, friends who've seen me recently would notice the funny hairdo that I am sporting currently. It seems like one never know what style one will get at this barber shop that I frequent. There's no such thing as the usual because of the number of barbers that work there, meaning a probable different barber at each visit. Furthermore, their technique and cutting skill varies at times. While this should be a cause for concern, there was never once that I actually looked bad. Therefore its on this fact alone that I constantly return whenever the need for a shorter hair arises.

In this instance of visit, which was a month ago just before the day I started work, I asked for the usual cut-short-enough-for-me-to-spike-look and what I got in the end was sort of like a 'Mohwak' cut with the centre part being substantially longer than the rest. Hmmm. So I sported the look and had my hair gelled daily during the period of my internship. After a month of being casted in gel for more than the average of 10 hours a day, my hair is now almost permenantly encased in this 'Mohawk' look now without the need for gel. Yup. Even right after I just finish shampooing my hair. Amazing.

Just last week, I was visiting Ah Ma with elder bro and the staff just gave her a hair cut. You guessed it, somehow, our haircuts look almost identical!


Ah ma, there can only be ONE No.1 grandson. . . And definitely its the one who is sporting the same look as you! My hair really looks like that these days ungelled. Weird eh?

Hahaha! Elder bro can't stop laughing especially when we first saw Ah Ma with the same look. I straightaway insisted that he took a photo for posterity's sake. Cool eh???!!! Funky lei. . . Doubt there are many 87 year olds with a 'Mohawk' cut. I don't care if my brothers call it the 'cock-comb' hairstyle or 'chicken-head'. It looks cool to me. Heh.

Hmmm on hindsight, I should return to the barber soon, hunt down the dude that cut my hair and demand that he give me the usual.

After all not every 'cock-comb' usual looks this cool or rather even this remotely memorable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home