html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: My Crazy Schedule

Monday, August 18, 2008

My Crazy Schedule

You have probably heard me complaining about the avalanche of school work this semester. And its not even half way through yet. So while we take a short breather from work (after submission of 2 projects), I finally had time to do some catching up with other activities that I have neglected. It seems that playing my guitar or reading the newspapers for an hour each day has became a privilege, more so than a usual activity. Nonetheless I'm thankful for such small pleasures.

This weekend I was busy down at Invest Fair 2008. Was helping my cousin and her bank run their booth. I also happened to be their 'official' event photographer for the past 2 days. Hahaha. Well the crowd has thinned significantly compared to last year. An expected result given the current bear run and declining economies globally. The director joked that when the economy is good, Invest Fair would be bursting with people, on the other hand, in a period of economic slowdown, the partner concurrent event (Job Fair) would be full of people. And that was the case for the past 2 days. With the snaking queues outside the Suntec Convention Hall its hard to believe that we're at 'full employment' currently, as our economists claim.

I had a good time speaking to lots of people, from self proclaimed investment gurus, to those who don't know the difference between a stock and a warrant. It was fun meeting lots of people of all ages and seeing them take an interest in investment products. Because frankly speaking, I don't see how anyone can live comfortably in Singapore on wages and savings alone now or the future. I also had the pleasure of bumping into SIM friends and also old friends like Andy and Farhan at the event. We must catch up some time guys!

By walking around the past 2 days and sneaking a peak into the huge seminar booths and hearing experts like Ray Barros speak, I gathered that the experts have only 2 words for us. GOOD LUCK. Well that would be the 'optimistic' approach. Some conservative others would have heard it as 'Si Liao' or 'die already'. Hahaha. But the general concensus is not good, with some experts predicting the slowdown to last till 2012-2013. Imagine that! It has certainly got me worried about the prospects of finding a job in the next year. But its not surprising. The money section resembles the orbituaries these days with more reports of companies closing down or share prices tumbling. Hahaha.

Enough of the melancholic events. On a totally unrelated topic, my preparations for the Army Half Marathon (AHM) is going downhill. My last ditch attempt at running the 16km today was marred by the sudden downpour in the evening. Our crazy schedules have not allowed us (mainly myself, Desmond and Kang) to run together so we decided to change the 16km cadance run to an individual attempt. Well there's only 5 days to the run and it would be crazy to do any runs above 10km during this time. So I am offcially renaming my 2008 AHM attempt to "Anyhow Humtum Marathon".

Poor diet + Poor training = Ji Pai Siao Liao (This time crazy already)

I'm reconsidering my wise decision in enrolling in this race now. Hahaha. Who ask me nothing better to do itchy backside act garang go sign up for the run. Who am I kidding?! I'm no longer 21 man. Still, I truged down to Safra at Toa Payoh to collect the race pack with the other guyzos last Friday. And here are some pictures.


My AHM competitive tag and the batman insignia look alike electronic chip (to be tied on shoelace and keeps track of distance and duration covered). GO BUY MY NUMBER! 4D sure tio!!! Hahaha.


The shirt gets more hideous by the year in my opinion.


No doubt a first and a welcomed refreshing change of route, but the barrage is at the last stage of the race probably after 15km. Hmmm. Still I may make history as the first runner to be crawling across the marina barrage. WAHAHAH!

Ok that's a short update for now. Off to bed and then off to another week of crazy schedules!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home