html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: Getting acquainted with Singapore all over again

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Getting acquainted with Singapore all over again

It has been a humid 2 weeks and my body is slowly getting used to the weather. There are still some days when I crave for the cold and dry winter weather of Aus, where I do not perspire a single bit, and is able to dress up in layers after layers of clothing. Weirdly, I'm not having terrible withdrawal syndromes from William. Maybe the multiple cups of sugarcane with lemon, teh-peng, soya bean with grass jelly drink keep me more than satisfied. *grins. Neither am I thinking about the silken tofu stew from Da Chang Jin. Been eating too much as my escalating weight and ballooning tummy can testify.

Few things I'm missing are the weekly Coles shopping, visits to the hugeass Carousel and watching TV with Tricia and HuiHui in that lousy couch of ours (where we will oogle at cute guys and laugh at the crazy games during Friday Night Life). Gosh, I wonder how much we are missing out on BigBrother now. But now I'm back and not going back to that laid-back place, there are much I need to catch up on.

First up, spending time with Shaun before his school work piles and before I start work.


Clarke Quay enroute to CityHall from Raffles.


Fully satiated from the rushed 45mins buffet at Geek Terminal. It's 45mins only coz we reached there around 2 and they were clearing up! The fastest buffet we've ever eaten...


Then, the most vivid sunset ever seen. This was taken while coming out of Suntec and walking towards the escalator to the train station. Too bad my phone's camera could not do it justice. It was several times more nicer!!
~
Next were family members. Younger brother had slimmed down much and the youngest in the family had grown so much and is so so so vain!

With Yan. Not sure why the picture turned out so grainy though.


Video of Yan tying my hair.
~
Then there was Mimi, the guard kitty of my house.
Acting cute and rolling all over in front of me.

Then napping under the car during the day.
~
And the setting sun from Shaun's balcony.
It's a different feeling as most of my sunset pics of Perth were taken at beaches, or open areas, whereas this is occupied by high rise buildings.
~
I'm loving being able to shop till 9 plus everyday!! So much so that Shaun and I missed the closing time for the National Library Book Sale at Expo today because we, I mean I, was more concerned about filling my stomach first. So it was of some amusement when we realised that the sale had ended for the day at 8pm!
~
When I first came back, I was so appalled by the Singlish that everyone is using. Not that I was ever using perfect English every time I speak, but it was so difficult on the ear! And it was really embarrassing when I heard a sales-person talking in the usual Ah Beng English to an AngMoh.
~
And of course, the kiasu-ism, not that there was none in Aus (I remember that time when we queued up to sign for NeuroScience viva. We were the last few loh!! Coz the others rushed to queue even before the lecture officially ends.) Shaun and I went back to the said National Library Book Sale early in the morning. And when we were there, there were so many people queueing up already you would think they are giving away books! (More on the book sale later on!)
~
I remembered a cab driver telling me this of Singapore: She is such a young nation and it had achieved so much, yet Aus, which is much older and much bigger still is so much more behind and it shows how lazy Australians are. And it made me so proud of what Singapore had achieved in such a short period of time. Hmmm.. why does this sound so weirdly patriotic. Ahhh..... National Day is coming, and it means only one thing!! *BIG HINT!!
~
Oh another thing, I have an interview on Monday!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home