html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: Full time student, Part time soldier

Monday, July 21, 2008

Full time student, Part time soldier

Wow it's been more than a fortnight since I last penned an entry. The giving up of privileges like basketball or even blogging would be the de rigueur from now on I suppose as the other commitments take full swing and dominance.

The past couple of weeks was quite a blast with many incedible events happening at different fronts. From Jermaine's 21st birthday bash at our humble abode to my reservist briefing over a couple of days last week, everything moved once again in a flurry of blur that leaves me staring agape, wondering at the incredible loss of time.

Of noteworthy issue would be the closure of a chapter in a school and hopefully the beginning of a new one. Well its an epic issue and if you're from my course in SIM and you're not in the league yet well you may be living in the mountains for sometime. But whatever the issues I'm only glad that its over and we can all get back to the 'peace and quiet' of our humming laptops with keyboards dancing at full speed. YES ENOUGH SIDE SHOWS! TIME TO GET BACK TO PROJECTS!

Anyway I'll be happy to share if anyone wants to know the epic stories. Might be as exciting as 'Red Cliff'! Some say even more exciting than that. Moving on, I would like to share the 2 interesting days that I have spent at ClementiCamp doing a reservist briefing for the upcoming high key in camp training. I still have not confirmed my deferment so well its time to be a full time soldier, for 2 days that is.

I managed to rummage my cupboard to take out the most faded (and therefore the most comfortable) set of No. 4 (the standard green camouflage uniform set). It took me a good 15 minutes to fold both side of the sleeves to my acceptable 'Smart 4" standard. Tsk Tsk. Fortunately they still fit despite not donning them in 2 years! The pants feel a bit baggy instead. Maybe because fats take up less space than muscles? Hahaha. The interesting bit is that I have forgotten how to tie the 'lazy knot' when it comes to the boot lace. Fortunately I recalled it just before leaving the house. With the minimal preparation I left for camp, reporting just on time.

It was a good 2 days of commanders briefing. I had a good time of making new friends and reacquainting myself with old fellow instructors like Kim, Dennis and Ariff who all got called back at the same time as well. I'm sadly assigned to be the section commander of a platoon in Bravo company of my battalion. Arrgh! Kim is an Ops Spec in HQ Company. Lucky duck! Well I certainly hope I sucessfully defer this ICT. The training looks XIONG, more than any full time civillian can bear. As what the CO (Commanding Officer) has mentioned to all commanders that day, "You guys are all leaders outside there, lawyers, bankers, managers, but when you all wear the No. 4 suddenly all act blur and think like a private soldier." Well I can't agree more. For some reason the mind cease to function optimally the moment one becomes a full time soldier. Hehehe.

Well with my official deferment pending, some people have already took the 'unofficial' route. My company's officer commanding is missing in action, causing the poor 2nd-in-command to kena the OC role for this ICT. Furthermore out of the 9 men that are directly under my charge, 4 of them did not turn up on the second day of briefing. Interesting. I had a good time of interacting with my platoon sergeant (a trader) and also my platoon commander (manager). And I got a free lift home from my pc who stays just a min walk from my house. Pretty small world. All in all a good and fruitful reservist briefing!

Time to end off for now I got 2 book reviews to do! Watch for it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home