html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: The HOLIDAYS are here!!!

Thursday, November 20, 2008

The HOLIDAYS are here!!!

It's the end of the schooling term and I finally have time to sit down and do some updates.

Well for those who have not already known, yours truly will be on an exchange program at the University of North Carolina Greensboro come January. Was able to finally settle most of the administrative matters as of today. I got my visa, my air tickets are booked, I planned some itineraries for travelling, I got my modules, I'll be buying the required insurace there, so I guess I'm pretty much settled on the admin side.

I will be taking 5 modules and an additional module required of all students in Semester 6 for my course. So looks like I'll be kicking start 2009 with lots of activities. First up would be the Work Integrated Learning(WIL) Module whose lessons I have to attend in Singapore, before completing via online submission when I'm in USA. I will be taking the standard four business modules and a special elective that I have chosen.

It was very tempting ideally, I must admit, to pick up modules like these for my exchange:

Course ESS 204-01 : Intermediate Basketball
Course AST 235-01 : Astronomy: Stars and Galaxies
Course HIS 221-01 : Medieval Legacy
Course MUS 131-01 : Classical Piano Level 1
Course LIN 262-01 : Sociolinguistics

For a small scale management university like SIM, such diverse modules are not offered, and it would really be an eye-opener to actually be able to gain education in a full-fledged university.

However, in the real world things do not often go the way you would really wish for it to, so the modules that I picked for my exchange are:

Course ECO 300-02 : The International Economy
Course MKT 424-01 : Consumer Behaviour
COurse MGT 354-01 : Managing Diverstiy in Organizations
Course ENT 403-01 : Marketing for Small Firms
Course GER 101-01 : Elementary German Level 1
(Can somebody say what a bore???)

Saved for my beginner's German course (which is no easy language to learn itself), I'm killing myself by strapping all the level 300s and 400s modules. Hahaha. I hope I don't drown myself there. Throw in the WIL I mentioned earlier, it's essentially 6 modules compared to the usual 4 I take in SIM. SAVE ME!!! Looks like I'm gonna be a chao mugger there.

In a recent msn conversation with Kiam:

pisspot - més que un club says:
travel all over USA man!
pisspot - més que un club says:
leave no weekend sober!

There's gotta be more to life, than chasing down every temporary high... says:
maybe but i dun think so
There's gotta be more to life, than chasing down every temporary high... says:
will be studying a lot!!!

pisspot - més que un club says:
wahahah!! That will be what you say now.
pisspot - més que un club says:
i will remember, and you will recall this statement from me shaun.
pisspot - més que un club says:
hahhaa.. exchange students never study! there are too many distractions.

Speaking from EXPERIENCE eh bro???

Anyway I do look forward to all the travelling. Sadly I will not be making any ventures to the western side of the United States this time. This is due to the high cost and also the lack of convenient air tickets for the three of us. Oh did I mention that I will be travelling with 2 coursemates? Well you guys will meet them in due time I reckon. Ok back to travelling. Looks like its the Eastern side for me all the way then. Cities within our striking range include Washington DC, New York, Boston, Portland, Miami, Atlanta, and Orlando. Well so much said but I guess plans will change along the way!

Next phase of preparations include getting the necessities like textbooks, winter clothings, power plugs etc. I'm getting sick of doing so much online and text research since the end of exams. With most things settled I can take a break from tomorrow and slowly savour the holidays! Had plans to work initially due to a fast depleting savings account and a rocketing monthly credits, but since I'll be busy again come December (think wedding bells), I guess I'll rot my butt silly and SCV Channel 16 my holidays away! Hmmm maybe not. Squash, Kbox, movies, mahjong or badminton anyone???

More updates coming your way! Including a short post on Zouk!

Time to begin my holiday proper by curling up with a book under the covers! Good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home