html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: Some fast pictorial updates...

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Some fast pictorial updates...


Yes that is my German textbook. Its a USED textbook that Yan Hao and I bought at USD$88. Its scary how much the books cost here. So its good that we can share the cost of books and just rotate the use of it between the both of us.

We are at Tate Streets Jazz coffee bar. Where there's a jazz quartet entertaining the guests with smooth flowing music as they enjoy their coffee and just relax for the evening. Think coffee bean/Starbucks products in a Ya Kun style decorated coffee house along with a cool jazz band. Awesome!


Hardworking students like myself studying there. Hahaha.


Check out the cool tables... Tables of all designs, shapes and patterns can be found all over the cafe.


Queer decorations all over...



Mug mug mug...

The Decors:





I like their motto. But I'd include 'Keeping Greensboro Awake' to it. Since we're there at such a late hour.


One last look at the jazz band...

3rd February 2009 : Snowing Part 2 in Greensboro


'Hey Shaun come out and play its snowing outside man!' - David

Snowing fun activity #1: Snowball fights

I was cooped up in my room doing work for so long I didn't realise it was snowing outside. That's a picture of David bringing in a tiny snowball. It's going to be the biggest snowfall I've seen, although its still a few pathetic inches compared to other parts of America.


I was so excited once again I ran out in the attire that I was in. Hahaha! I must be crazy!


Its SNOWING!!!


Somebody did a cute mini snowman by a window sill


I put on more clothes and was out in full force.

By then people were already having snowball fights in the field just across the International House. Pelting others with snow and being pelted really brings people together. Too bad I do not have any photos of the action as I was busy fighting with the rest. Hehe. Because we get so little snow on the ground initially we just scooped off snow from the many cars parked outside of the I-house and start pelting each other.

The snowballs that are well packed really hurt. OUCH.

Snowing fun activity #2: Climbing up a slippery snow capped steep slope and sliding down on it


As if climbing was not tough enough. People who managed to climb to the top successfully without falling are at the top shoving people who are trying to make their way up the slippery slope without falling. Haha! I got knocked over by someone who was falling when I was on my way up. I slid all the way down and gotta begin my ascend again. Heh. Uber fun!


Down we go again!!!


Wheee. sliding into the darkness. Awesome fun!

Snowing fun activity #3: Building snowmen of course!








The snowman building or rather cam-whoring process...



You can't see it clearly but its a studious half punk snowman smoking a cigarette. Hahaha.


Dirty wet butts after the snow mucking

4th February 2009 : UNCG in White


The slippery I-house entrance

Snow-covered surroundings:




The fastest way to make a snowball and still have clean hands is to glean the snow off cars and not off the ground. Hahah. So I learned last night.

More snowy pictures:

































All good things must come to an end! Till next time!

Off to watch a Duke Vs NC Basketball match!

2 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Eh Shaun, who are you trying to bluff. Who can study in that kind of environment at that cafe?
Your school reminds me of Hogwarts when it is snowing.

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger On Eagle's Wings said...

Hahaha. Somehow the super loud music helps one to concentrate lei. I was able to do what I need to do for that day. Heh. Take care back home bro!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home