html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: A soldier's thoughts

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

A soldier's thoughts

Yes. Here i am in mess with nothing to do. so i wrote a poem out of pure boredom. Cant awit to book out man.

9 months on my thoughts aplenty,
While serving the nation many times I query.
Why on earth am I in the army?
All I know its neither for fame nor money.

When I left my girlfriend my family and friends,
There were many things I cant comprehend
How many tough and turbulent days ahead?
Without my friends and family this is just great.

The training's tough but time passes fast
SISPEC and Taiwan are but things of the past
I look ahead but what do I see?
A whole lot of sai kang waiting for me.

Still civillian life is eluding me
Dang, all you gals are freaking lucky
I was told to suck thumb and face the fact
Serve and F*** Off i guess I'll do just that.

19 months more till I ORD.
Back to studies I have to get ready
Then I'll have time for my girlfriend again
Yes, but things that were lost will I ever regain?

But right now I'm stuck in lecture
How long more every minute I wonder?
While IPC is both informative and fun,
Still I'd rather book out and soak out the sun.

9 months on as I try to look back
While there's aint much it wasnt so bad.
I thank God I'm alive, kicking and well
Chiong Suah memories for my grandchildren I'll tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home