html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: My gosh... Where did all the time go???

Monday, February 07, 2005

My gosh... Where did all the time go???

Yong ling is about to celebrate her second decade on earth this Friday. Sheesh. So fast. Wow. 1 more year before she can watch an (R)21 movie. No more statutory rape pleas le. No more underage sex. Its the phase of leaving the protective naive wings of teenagehood and trespassing into the period of self-sustainability and independence.

All you 20yrs or soon to be 20yrs dudes and dudettes ponder together with me. What have you accomplished this past 20 years?

What have I accomplished these past 2 decades?

I am no where near my dream of becoming a professional writer. I have neither a decent scrap of paper to my name nor a good occupatoiopn. All i have is a crabby O-levels cert and an even crabbier A-levels cert. I am neither rich nor poor. I do not have the ability to make my own decisions ( no thanks to Mr. SAF). I am forced to take orders from my handphone at any point of time. I cant cook cant draw and cant play the piano. I cant be with the ones i love or where i want to be at any point in time.

So what exactly is so good about a birthday in S'pore??? The irony of it is mocking me. You PLAN for your life. But you realised that it was already PLANNED for you. With a sub standard but still a passed A-level grades you are condemned not to enter a local uni. By being a part of "the decisive force" you are forced to dedicate your life and youth to the service of the nation. By being in a country with a well-developed economy, you are condemed again to accept meagre pay or face the axe..

Eat dirt staccie. "There's gotta be more to life?" Ya rite. What life???

I need a break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home