html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: My new year resolutions

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

My new year resolutions

WARNING: POTENTAILLY SLEEP-INDUCING AND SLUMBEROUS ENTRY >1000 WORDS

It is funny isn't it, how people say that they would set out to do certain tasks only at the start of the year or only at a turning point of their lives. Then somehow in the later part of the year most people suddenly lose the will or the tenacity to carry on with the unaccomplished deeds. Sheesh. Peculiar eh?

Popular resolutions include:
- losing weight
- getting a promotion
- buying new cars/houses
- being nicer to someone
- changing of personal character/habits

The lists goes on and on. Useless as resolutions may be to some people, to others they provide a sense of direction and purpose. Hahaha. I am a strong believer of resolutions. But how strong I stay believing is another thing. You there! Cut that smile!!!!! At least I bothered to make my own resolutions ok! It is definitely a challenge for me as i must say, as I embark on my second year of national salvery(ns) to accomplish what I set out to do. This is because I am not the one who perpetrate the amount of time I have to spend on my leisure. Sigh. When you are not in control of how you spend your time now, even the most mundane of the mundane tasks seems so attractive.

The propensity to complain gets less. While the susceptibility to make the most of your freedom becomes sort of a desire, or an obsession should I say. Which is why I rarely sleep on the nights when I am out of Tekong. It seems like there is always too much things that you can or should do rather then to sleep the night away, because you cannot do it when you are in Tekong. Do you understand what I'm trying to say? Pardon me if it didn't make sense to you. Not much things make sense when I blog at such obscene hours anyway. Heh.

Sheesh. I am digressing as usual. Ok. Back to resolutions. And here are my resolutions for the new year!!!!!

Note: In no order of importance or merit

1. Learn how to play the piano

Which is why i spend a more considerable amount of time online now. Not to get the 50 plus that i am paying for my singnet 1500 worth it, but I'm taking online piano lessons! Dunno how it'll end up though cos I just started. It has always been my childhood dream of playing the piano. Why was i sent to art klasses and not piano when i was young??? Sigh. I always revere pianist who enchant listerners with their swift fingers. I still love playing the drums and guitar but the though of something elluding you is like a fat white zit that has to be squeezed, a mossie bite that has to be scratched, a bogey that you have to dig out, a white hair you have to pluck, a... All right. Guess you guys can see how desperate i am now huh? Wanna be the next Vanessa Carlton... Wish me success and determination!

2. Get a part time education going

There was an invitaion for me to sign up as an undergraduate in THE WRITING SCHOOL. Never heard of that establishment though. The invitation came After I got my O levels. It is a part time, own time own target diploma course that will enable you to become a professional writer. May consider taking that up now but i wonder if I have the time to submit my tuitorials. Hmmm. But I love writing. May consider. Dang.... Why do all private education cost so much??? But it is good to be able to study. The only damperner is the fear of burning out. How?????

3. Earn more money

Clearly only two choices. Firstly, get selected to go for the PLATOON SERGEANT COURSE and get promoted. The only thing that is stopping me is the 5 yr additional reservist that is looming on passing that course. 5 more years of slavery???? No thanks. Take that pathetic paltry $100 increase and shove it up ur A**. I'm sticking to my 3rd sergeant rank. 3 is beautiful. Option two, take a part time job like tuitioning. Hmmmm. Lobangs anyone??? The reason for the need of more money? Must save up for my private uni or overseas education after this. Cos useless me cant get into a local uni. And I do not want my parents to work until they are 80 because of my lazines and/or inability to succeed.

4. Take better care of my family and Xinyi

I now give 50 dollars each to my mom, dad and gramp monthly. Not that they need it and nor is it a lot, but it's my way of saying thank you to them for the 20 years of S*** that I have given them. You never know how hard it is for your family to raise you up for 2 decades till you look back. Next, comes dear Xinyi. The last year was an extremely daunting one as it marks the beginning of my slavery to the nation as well as the start of an enduring test of relationship. I am so sorry how little time I had to spend with you, how I am insensitive at times(i mean most of the), how I forget that life is equally though for you as well when i whine about myself.Through all these years they are always there. Steadfast and unwavering. Always there to pick me up when i fall, there to give me a hand when i need. The only beacon of light in a dark tunnel. I can't thank God enough for each and everyone of you. I hope i can be a more understanding person this year.

5. Build up better/Maintain relations with friends

I am sad that i have already lost contact with some of my closest and bestest friends in sec skool, jc, church and bmt. It is sad when you walk down Orchard road by-passing someone whom you know had shared many great moments with you without saying so much of a hi. Dear friends out there, if I'm sorry if i have not been contacting you ppl. I have yet to master the art of time juggling nor have i managed to find a way of splitting myself up on weekends and joining back up on Sunday nights. I am working on it rest assured.

5 major resolutions for now. Many more minor one would probably come along the way i'll expect. May this year be one of accomplishment- The accomplishment of my resolutions!!!!! Hahaha. Joking.

Gong Xi Fa Cai, Wan Shi Ru Yi, Bu Bu Gao Sheng, Kuai Gao Zhang Da, Whatever...
A very Happy New Year to all readers and may all that you set out to do be realised!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home