html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: A series of lies and deceit... Urgh...

Thursday, July 14, 2005

A series of lies and deceit... Urgh...

Here I am once again, blogging in the comfort of my own room as I'm on off tomorrow! Hahaha.

I have been faithfully following the news by means of the papers in camp and as well as news on tv. Guess nothing interests me more than what goes on in Mainland when I'm totally isolated in ulu Tekong. But that's besides the point.

And of course nothing's hotter than the recent issue about NKF's lack of transparancy with the public. Being a donor of NKF at least a couple of times, I was definitely outraged by the articles.

Urgh. WTF??? The CEO of NKF gets paid 50k a month out of the pocket of the average joe on the street who probably never sat in an aeroplane before much less in a first class section. Sheesh.

Urgh. Basically it's not just the money in my opinion that got people like me furious. It's also about the attempt to cover up and mislead the public into donating more for so called "charitable" purposes. From the statistics about the number of patients it serves, to the amount of reserves it has, to the duration in which the reserves were projected to last, the NKF had hoodwinked many Singaporeans into believing that it is in dire need of funds in order to continue their services.

Urgh. I would have instead "donate" my money to SPCA if I knew about this earlier. I'd rather save a cat then help some people buy a golden tap or something.

Urgh. I'm totally amused that Mr. Durai made no effort in displaying the slightest sense of remorse throughout the trial. I mean so what if he works 12 hours a day? As if I don't? But when one is working in the name of charity, or for a charitable organisation, surely one should not expect to be paid such an astronomical sum. In that case, why not pay students to do flag day on an hourly basis? Or reward volunteers at nursing homes? Maybe a token sum is enough if one is involved in full time charitable work. But 1.8 mil for 3 years?!! GROSSS! 1.8 million would go a long way to help many others definitely.

Urgh. I am totally absolutely and disgustingly stupified by the recent relevations.

No more donations from me to NKF for at least 3, I mean 30 years that's for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home