html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: It's a lazy Saturday

Sunday, October 09, 2005

It's a lazy Saturday

And what better way to spend the afternoon away with the princess at the National Library. The princess had to do some research about painting, therefore leaving me the whole afternoon to find the books that I wanna read. WEEEEE!

Anyway, I was in luck. I used to grumble about their pathetic comic collections when it first opened a few months back. There was a whole section or row of shelves dedicated for comic housing, unfortunately only less than 2 shelves contained books. Haiz.

But now, almost the whole row of shelves is filled with comics! I'm in heaven! And I managed to find 2 Baby Blues comics, 1 Calvin and Hobbes, 1 Sherman's Lagoon, 1 Foxtrot, and 1 Get Fuzzy. Talk about a golden haul. I guess I won't be bored at camp this week.

I had to read the Foxtrot comic that very day as we are only allowed to borrow 8 books in total. So I walked out the library with 6 comic books in hand while the princess has to limit her research materials to only 2 books. Am I a bully??? Hahaha.

Which is why I made it up to her by bringing across the street for some desserts at The Coffee Connoiseur at her suggestion. It was my first visit there and boy was I suprised. The stuff the sell there are super ex!!! A cup of coffee for 12 dollars??? Hahaha. Indeed the princess has expensive taste.

But they did not disappoint us. The standard of service was adequate, comparable with most restaurants. We chose to sit outside and dine al fresco as I was freezing from an afternoon spent in the National igloo, I mean library. We ordered a drink and a dessert as we both wanted to try one of each. So we settled for a weird coffee drink and some chocolate brownie. (That's the problem of having sophisticated, bombastic and exhaustingly long names for their dishes, no one remembers what they're called after a visit.)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The princess indulges in a comic. I've always said there's no greater joy than settling down with a good book and a drink. Guess it's true for her too. Heh.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Did I mention that their cups look like fishbowls? They do! And it's real cute.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Our dirnks came first. Hard to believe this is coffee eh?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The Dessert we've been waiting for!!! A hot chocolate brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the top, surrounded by blueberry sauce. Hot chocolate sauce oozes out from the brownie. Oooh. Totally wickedly seriously lovely.

The total bill just for these 2?

$19.90

Worth it?

For such an afternoon with the princess, ABSOLUTELY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home