html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: Time to get squashed!!!

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Time to get squashed!!!

Yup. It's time to squash or be squashed again. Close friends will know that I've been arrowed to play for 9th Division in the army's inter-formation squash competition. The timing could not have been worse as this is the period of time when companies in bmtc are given all the 'arrows' and 'sai kangs' to do. And I avoided them. Plus I get to stay out which is why I am blogging today at this time.

But of course I do not feel at peace playing squash while my fellow colleagues are back stuck in Tekong doing tons and tons of work. In fact I tried telling OC to pull me out but he wouldn't. What to do? "I don't like to play rank ah..." I can almost hear it coming.

Today was the first day of practice. It took me almost an hour to put all my squash stuff together. Had to wipe the dust off my racket covers, wash my old squash balls, hunt down my court shoes and track my squash bag. The worse thing is that it takes 2 friggin hours to reach that ulu camp for training! And to drive the final nail into the coffin, the camp is built on a hill. So there is no need for warm up. the walk to the recreation centre is more than adequate.

Met the 9th division squash conveyor. He told us that 9th div won 3rd last year. Stress. Never mind. My friend's an ACJC player so we can at least win one bout in every match. Hahaha. So the practice began. Was really rusty. Could not even do a drive properly. But soon it all return. It's thrilling once again to hear the thunderous sound of the ball smashed against the wall. Exhilirating to place a neat drop shot. And pure adrenaline to kill a shot with a power smash. Ahhhh. It's all coming back.

The main difference is, I do not remember my body aching this much after a mere couple of hours of practise. Sheesh. I'm getting too old for this. Probably will be squashed this season. Sigh.

Yup. So I will be staying out against my wish for a period of time this December. Haiz. SAF pays me to pay squash. What a joke. . .


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

You all may have seen this but I still dream of playing squash somewhere like this some day...

I have a dream........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home