html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: Forging Ahead! 9th Divsion/Infantry

Monday, December 05, 2005

Forging Ahead! 9th Divsion/Infantry

It's the first day of the 2005 Army Inter-Division Squash competition and the heat has just came on. We were scheduled to play against Artillery Division today. Was supposed to reach the sports complex by ten. But thanks to my elder bro giving me a lift, I reached there at 930.

Remember the killer hill I told you guys about last time? I changed my 11B for a visitor's pass at the pass office at the foot of the hill before proceeding on into the camp. Shortly after I started the ascend, a car pulled over beside me. A tanned and rugged dude at the passenger seat smiled, "Hey you're a squash player right? Come on we'll give you a ride to the sports complex." My lucky day. Looks like carrying a squash racket openly has its benefits. If not it would be a 10 minute walk uphill.

As I entered the car I realised it was a Major in the driver's seat. 1 friggin MAJOR! "Erm thank you sir", was my response as I clambered in. The dude in the front seat asked which divsion I was from. Upon telling him, he laughed, "Oh we'll see you in court later then". Strike 1. Took a lift from the opponents! How embarassing. Upon reaching the complex I immediately bolted our from the car after saying 'thank you' profusely.

Our match was scheduled later. Therefore I was able to watch other formations battle first. I must say some formations especially 3rd Division, Mindef HQ, Air Force, and School of Combat Engineers are quite good. We would be hard pressed to win them. Looks like retaining overall 3rd place is almost impossible. Getting into the finals would already be a handful for us I'll bet. I saw some farmilar faces here and there. Even saw a former team mate and caught up with him.

Finally our match came. And I didnt even have to play to win. We won Artillery Division 4-1. They only had 4 players including a female player. Our first 3 singles won. We had a walkover for the last 2 matches as our female player is not free and they were one player short. Har har. So being the last player, I get to slack off and win without even playing for a point. Heh. Thankfully I also did not have to play against the dudes who gave me a lift. The match was all over in less than an hour. Only one of the Artillery player had experience in playing squash.

Tomorrow's game against Guards should be an expected win for us. But they have one heck of a powerful player as seen today. Well. Just too bad that it's 5 players that make a team. Not one.

More updates coming up! Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home