html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: I wanna be a Singapore 'Idle'

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I wanna be a Singapore 'Idle'

I found myself catching the results show of Spore Idol Finals in spite of my vow of not catching it after the elimination of Gayle. But what to do. Too 'idle' mah. I was supposed to be studying but oh what the heck.

There was a segement of individual performances from the bottom 10. And Gayle Nerva still rock totally. Although it was blatantly obvious that the songs were pre-recorded, it makes it clearer why some of them really should not be idols. Look at Joakim, despite a studio recording where numerous editing and playback are allowed, he still sucks.

I must say that Gayle's rendition of Rhinna's Unfaithful was totally smashing! Unbelievable. She hit the high notes perfectly and her voice is still rock solid. Pity that Sporeans didn't give her a chance cos ppl like me just watch and don't vote. And for what? 60 cents a vote leh! Precious little going down someone's pockets just to put prevent someone from elimination. Sheesh. I can go toilet 6 times with that!

My mom is also a Spore idle. Too much idling time. She caught almost every show of the season and fervently supports 'heartthrob' Jonathan. She has 'idle' funds too, along with an idle hand, she spends money by smsing. She wasted 3 bucks voting for John just to see him get eliminated. Haiz. What for? Should give me for lunch money for skool mah. Anyway I'm proud to say that I've not collected pocket money from my parents since jc. Hence I refuse to spend money like that.

But money is not an issue now. Is there really a future for our idols? Or will they just be a 'Spore idle' like you and me next time? It would be impossible for them to enjoy success like Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken with records sold worldwide but hopefully there would be some regional exposure.

I was telling the princess just now.

Guess what Taufik would say to Hady at the end of the tonight?

"See you at 7-11 ah bang!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home