html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: New Campaign coming up!

Monday, February 05, 2007

New Campaign coming up!

I had to post something as the picture with the irritating cute and now rich guy with those washboard abs (which I do not have) is too jarring. Can't stand him mocking at me anymore so sorry ladies, I had to do something... I'd rather see words at my blog than his picture anyway.

(But he got thick ugly curly tummy hair and I don't have!!! Nananybooboo!!!)

Wahaha. I've changed the song too. Dunno why but its back to the classics of Sixpence for now.

Was at Simpang with Weasel on Saturday night as I caught the 2nd Merseyside derby of the season. Which ended in a goaless draw as Liverpool failed to break Everton's defence. BOO. Cheers was busy and Yeow was in studio. Haiz. Simpang gang become Simpang pair now. Hahaha. Had a good time of catching up with Weasel who lost his phone in a cab few days back. The passenger that got on after him kept his Motorola instead of handing it back to the cabby. Hope whoever kapo-ed would lose his phone in future too!

We didnt wanna catch the boring West Ham and Aston Villa match so Weasel suggested that we can visit Yeow in his studio. Dunno why but some people got too much petrol ah. But we muz have moved Yeow when we told him we'll visit him in his studio on a Sunday morning at freaking 12am with supper and tea from Simpang. Hahaha.

So I'm officially starting the "Save the future architects of NUS campaign".

Yeow looked like a wreck but I'm sure he's enjoying every moment of his student life in NUS. That poor chap have not spent a full weekend at his home since this year. I can't believe it. We agreed that even NSFs spends more time at home than 'arki' students. Hahaha. He was not alone in the studio. Many were there working through the night as well.

With the obscene amount of work to be completed in and incredibly short time frame, no wonder they get so little sleep. Anyway sleep to Yeow is sleeping bag on top of 4 chairs laid side by side beside his table in studio. Hahaha. The hostel he rented in Prince George's Park is his mere storeroom. "Too troublesome to go back la, waste time also" was his response.

But Weasel and I were totally amazed at the quality of work produced by the students there. Seeing all the drawings and structures designed and built by them left us totally in awe. Both of us had a guided tour by Yeow also. We visited the year 2 and year 3 exhibitions and they were even more stunning. Looks like the future of our buildings are in good hands I'd say. Given all the stress and pressures of this obscenely rigorous course, several students have already dropped out and switched to other courses already.

It also takes 6 years to fully complete the course. They have to graduate with a Master's Degree. Following that it takes another year of exams and studying before they can accreditation to practise in Singapore. 7 years is more than enough time to kill off the interest in architecture. Perhaps NUS should really cut down on their elective courses on tough programs like Architecture.

We chatted till 230am before leaving Yeow to carry on with his work. 天生命苦 is the biggest understatement there. Weasel and I felt like total slackers and social loafers every time we visit Yeow at his studio. Hahaha. SIM is really slack!!!

Therefore, Save the future NUS architects before they are all gone! Buy a packet of coffee for them to stay awake and work NOW!!!

I'm getting lame. So it's time to go I guess.

Totally irrelevant thought:
Should I really cut my hair for Chinese New Year? They jack up the price already lei... What to do???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home