html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: Thought evoked when sifting through my letters cupboard

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Thought evoked when sifting through my letters cupboard

It’s amazing…..

  • How many memories are evoked looking through old letters and notes
  • That after so many years, I can still recognize who the letters/notes are from, from their handwriting and addresses
  • That we can converse in all kinds of paper – foolscap paper, nice letter pads and even paper torn out from notebook.
  • That we arranged to meet in IRC, give each other our pager number (not that I have one, I only started having a handphone in JC 1), discuss about what to eat during recess
  • The things we write in the notes - Gossips, bad-mouthing people, best wishes, what we are studying, who we are having a crush for, how bored/angry/stressed/frustrated/grateful/tired we are. Aren’t we scared that the letters would land into the hands of the person we are bad-mouthing/gossiping/crushing (*crinches at that word) about??
  • I know the F-language (mai-fai name-fame is-fis xin-fin yi-fi). And I can say it – FAST.
    That I was Auntie Agony last time. Gotta help friends solve BGR (even the word is old school) problems, problems with family and friends
  • To realize I have lost contact with so many of my friends whom I pledged to be “friends forever” with.
  • Everything comes into a full circle. I have a “Ah Ma Family” during my primary school days, with one Ah Ma, one auntie and about 6 kids. Now I have ZQ. ZQ members consist of an Ah Ma too!

I miss receiving notes written during class from Sel, Flo, WL, CL, GE.
Sel and Flo: Remember FASBE??

And I miss receiving snail mails!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home