html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: And we call ourselves a world class transport hub...

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

And we call ourselves a world class transport hub...

I was running late for a swim and badminton session with Desmond, Ade and Co today. Forgot to take, of all things, goggles, *ah-dui* so had to went back again.

As I approached Kembangan mrt look what I saw?



I would have stuck out 2 middle fingers in the picture if one hand wasn't holding my shoe bag and the other holding my handphone to take this photo.
And if I was a tad faster, I'd caught the time to Boon Lay at 11 minutes. 11 friggin minutes to wait for a west bound train at 930 am.
I wonder why we're constantly paying for fare hikes when frequency of trains never improve. Imagine the crowd at 930 am waiting for a solitary 10 min train!!!
Wake up your idea can SMRT?
The passengers are not much better anyway...
I hate in no particular order:
1. People who kiasu-ly crowd around the doors and prevent others from alighting as the train pulls in
2. People who run into trains at last min with cigarette breath and clothes
3. People who refuses to give seats up for the needy ( I once saw a less pregnant lady giving up seat to a more pregnant lady)
4. People who hugs or lean on poles
5. People who blast their handphone music out loud
6. GUYS who sit and open their legs so big as if the 'thing' in the middle weighs a ton
The list goes long. But what SMRT really needs is a improvement of its efficiency and its education of the people about 'Mrtiquettes' At least there can be tangible improvements if fare hikes are used correctly.
I don't mind paying more. But if I do, I sure as heaven would like to see some freaking improvements.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home