html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: Let the blogging begin!

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Let the blogging begin!

Sorry for the delay in posts. Was totally caught up in lots of activities since my return from holiday. Short recap on what's past...

1. Worked four days last week
2. Cleaned and rearranged my whole room on Vesak day
3. Bought a router at Com-ex and set it up with the help of an old friend =)
4. Celebrated my 22nd with my family, followed by the princess

With all that out of the way, it's time to finally begin on the long tideous posting on Cambodia! It won't be easy as Weasel, Cheers and myself have a combined 2.5 GB worth of videos and photos to share. Hmmm. Now how long will that take? I shall mainly upload photos then. For a detailed entry on any of the topics posted see Cheer's Blog, which I must say is more comprehensive and updated than mine.

I have decided to therefore blog in themes for this trip. And throw tons of photos up. A picture speaks a thousand words right? Hehehe. So my entry shall then be more 'wordy' than Cheers! Bwahaha!

Let's begin by something close to my heart- FOOD!
Hmmm. There was someone in Secondary Skool who says I should be called Shaun Food. I wonder who could that be...

All foods shown is this picture were uploaded randomly and not chronologically.


Don't ask me why this pizza is called 'fore-play'. It's totally lovely. With prawns, herbs and on a super thin crust. Euphorium or ecstacy should be a better name.
Bottled Colas are THE drinks there. Must have chugged tens of bottles of bottled soft drink myself through the trip.
We're so poor all we can afford is plain bread and bottled water every breakfast...
KIDDING!!! This is what we would eat more often than not... Breakfast over a game of chess. Looking at the huge portions, it's both a physical and mental challenge. =)
More bottled soft drinks! Soda water with lime syrup...
My cheesy pasta... Yummy...

Burgers and humongous onion rings.
Weasel's food. Mango stewed chicken with rice I suppose? Khmer or Cambodian food are very Carbo rich. Lotsa rice and noodles...


Cheer's mushroom and chicken dish with rice. 3 different kinds of mushroom. Lovely.
Cambodian porridge and its condiments. Good chicken porridge for the Singaporean soul.
Eek. This Cambodian pineapple wine we bought from the Royal Palace gift shop sucks. Cost us 7.25 USD and tastes horrible.
We prefer, well at least Weasel and Cheers do, Lao beer. Beer from Laos on our last day.
Owners of the guesthouse were very hospitable. Conjured up some popcorns for us to go with the beer. Nice.
I love spaghetti. Had western food half the time in Cambodia. Whoops.
More western food on my part. Hehehe.
We had tea twice at this quaint lovely shophouse called 'Jars of Clay'. Wonder if there's any relation to the Christian Rock Band. But anyway this cheese scon goes for only 0.80 USD.
No trip to Cambodia would be complete without trying the local food. So here's some that I had.
Khmer chicken fried rice with egg from 'Dead Fish Restaurant' in Siem Reap. YUM.
Pork fried rice from 'Bodhi tree' just across the Toul Sleng Geonocide Museum.
Deep fried glass noodles. Although I felt it should be more aptly names as Beansprouts with Deep fried chicken glass noodles.
Meatball rice from 'Friends Restaurant' in Phnom Penh. I love the sauce...
Cooling icy Fruit Lassis... Great for combating afternoon temperatures up to 40 degrees.
Some food we don't dare try:
Fried grasshoppers???

Be back to update more on other matters. Time to hunt for some food myself.
Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home