html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: Recent Birthdays Part 2... and the virgin clubbing experience...

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Recent Birthdays Part 2... and the virgin clubbing experience...

Doris' 22nd:

Fireworks at Marina on a cloudless windy night...


Might I mention exotic fireworks too?


Food beyond measure at a BBQ Steamboat buffet...


Friendship beyond valuation on a Saturday night...
-
Our celebration of Doris birthday took us to Marina South for seafood and fireworks watching. Hmm the buffet was filled with normal cheapo stuff. But I'm surprised that crab was included. Yup CRAB. Hahaha. And we managed to get some good parts thanks to Doris fast action of snatching some just as it was released, before the crowd chiong for it. Furthermore we paid a 'discounted rate', so I guess I can't complain. =) =) =) Ay squash soon lei...

Su Qin's and Jing Xuan's 22nds:

The A04 had a rare class outing a Saturday later to celebrate Su Qin's and Jing Xuan's 22nds. Hmmm as I recounted there were 11 A04 people! That's more than 40 plus percent of the class that turned up. So good job to Phyl for organising such an event! Good to see all the old jc folks back again. Though the time spent was very short as I had to rush to SIM bash at St James after that.

Blunder #1: Brought a camera and didn't take any photos with the class. -_-"
-
Went to Ajisen at TM. First time eating there. Ordered in a hurry since I didn't know what I wanted as well. Let's see. I had some Teriyaki Chicken Ramen that set me back by 12 bucks! Food was so so only. But I guess it was cosy to fit 11 people on table meant for 8. The farmiliar sounds and tons of cross table conversations sure brings back fond memories. Can't even remember when was it that I last heard them. Yu Hui's many China tales sure was the hot topic of the night's conversations. I wanna go to China too! Megatons of things to see and stuff to buy. 5 years since JC. Man where did all the time go...
-
Clubbing at St James:


Powerhouse sucks to the core.
-
Hated the music and the atmosphere there. Trance and Techno. EEK. But I felt like a mountain tortoise there. Had to be led around by Desmond and Su Qin who wanted to join the bash. We joined Kang, Jia Hao, Jia He and Des' friend, Georgina who knows Su Qin. Small world.
-
So here's what you do when you go clubbing:
1. You queue for hours
2. You say hi to friends
3. You drink
4. You wriggle your way to the dance floor
5. You bounce around on the floor
6. You pespire like mad and get squashed like canned tunas
7. You spend a minimum of $30 there on drinks and cover charge
8. You spend about $20 to get yourself home
-
No wonder they say clubbing is expensive! Hahaha. Still there's a first time for everything. I can said I've clubbed before!!! Dunno whether to feel proud or ashamed to say that I finally went clubbing at 22.
-
Blunder #2: Brought a camera and only took 4 pictures in St James!!!
-_-"""


Talk about too small a world! Look who I found??? KING OF CLUBBING HIMSELF LTA(NS) Andrew!!! This army colleague of mine would go clubbing on some Thursdays and almost every Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings! All these while in army!!! Powerful or not? He'd go for nights off on weeknights to chiong and then return back to camp on the first boat at 545 am. Then starts training recruits by 630 am till the day ends. You are amazing. I salute you for that sir! Hahaha. Sure was nice to bump into him again.

I was not high. Nor was I drunk in case any of you think I was. But my face turned red straight after a glass of vodka ribena. Hahaha. Dunno why I'm so easily reactive to alcohol. Later on SQ and I bought a jug of bourbon coke to share with the guyzos but we ended up the only ones drinking. Quite cheat money lei. The alcohol was so diluted. Thankfully Desmond's friend brought us to Boiler Room where the music was much better. I really love the live band and the dancers. Crazily proficient guitarists and drummers. That was probably the best time of the evening. Just love watching live bands in action.
-
Went for supper with Sok Wan and Doris who were there also but with their own classmates. Cab fare was much cheaper as we all headed eastward to 85 market for supper at 230 am. Seems like they didn't really like clubbing too. Hehehe.
-
Ask me to go clubbing again? I'd rather go pubbing. At a nice pub with a great live band, good booze, a bunch of good friends and a good pool table. Unless I'm in Perth! Was so envious of the princess' clubbing experience. Where do you have the chance to scratch your armpit if you need to in St James? The crowd really pisses me off. All in all its an eye opener.
-
Now for some eye shutter. Its 130 am. Shows how bad I am at multi-tasking! So much distractions while blogging. Ha! Night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home