html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: Back from Northam!

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Back from Northam!

Arghh!! I badly need some civilization (i.e. internet), but when I got back, I realized that Tricia had turned off the router and the modem! That means no internet for me!! They had went to Araluen for the tulips!! Wanted to meet them there but we woke up late ad thus left Northam rather late.

Went to Northam which is about 1.5 hours drive east of Perth to do our NeuroScience Assignment. We were supposed to meet someone with neurological deficits and write up our treatment plans, blah blah blah. And so Marie, Shan and Bel decided that they wanted to meet this lady with MS up at Northam. They are a real cool bunch of ppl, with lotsa experience and are really friendly!

It was a trips of many firsts. This is the first time I’ve been to the country, the first time I been on a road trip with (almost) complete strangers; the first time I ate beetroot (pickled) and had vegemite; the first time I had vodka lemon lime bitters.

We stayed at this place which is part of Curtin – Muresk, School of Agriculture or something like that. We had a house with 6 rooms for the 4 of us, and each of us had one room to ourselves! And the room’s bigger than the one I got at Curtin 6, with a wardrobe 3 times mine, and another cupboard to put your private stash of food/stuffs. The study table was huge too! How I wish the rooms at Curtin 6 was like that. The best part – we only had to pay 45 bucks per night (considering that we would pay much more for a hotel stay!)

Our client, Kathy, is a really cool lady. She has a really sweet family and I love her house! She’s really good at problem solving and is really creative (we reckon she would be a good OT!). She was and still is a great inspiration to me and the rest of my group, coz she had such optimism about life! It’s really great that I had the chance to meet her.

You must be wondering why I am able to write so much about her. Well, she had published a book named My Story (abbreviation is MS) and is writing the 2nd book now! All of us had a copy of the book autographed by her. =))

Anyway, we had both nights of dinner at this pub/restaurant thingy and for both nights we had alcohol. That means I had 3 consecutive nights of alcohol (29th was Rui’s Birthday, 30th and 31st at Northam). Hmmm…. Need to stay away from alcohol for a while. Haha…. enough talking… pictures now!


Her quote by the office.


This little boy has been standing there for ages... Look real right?


Right outside where we stayed



Beautiful Canola Fields


New game I learnt - Sequence


Views on the way back


Sunset..


Another one.... I love the colours.. =))


Lastly, the book that's writen by Kathy, authographed too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home