html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: Training to be soldiers....

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Training to be soldiers....


I'm on a cruise!
-
Well you'll be forgiven if you think I'm on one. They have revamped the fast craft such that it looks as if I'm on a luxurious boat with a liquor bar in it. But I'm actually heading to Tekong to see younger bro complete his Basic Military Training.
-
Yup Jermaine 'passed out' last Wednesday along with several hundreds of recruits. And for the parade he is the flag bearer of the company!!! YES THE FRIGGIN FLAG BEARER. Mom was so proud. That's because he happens to be the company's tallest man. Hahaha. Good job bro!
-
There he is, the solitary recruit of Yankee company, awaiting the the arrival of the rest of the recruits.
-

He stands at attention at the arrival of the parade commander. Was telling him that if he drops the flag during the parade he will 'drop' along with it. LOL!

And the rest arrives...
-
The salute for the guest of honour...
-
I couldn't care less for the rest of the parade. I mean who ever listens to the speech by the G.O.H.? The only entertainment was one recruit DROPPING his rifle as he executed his 'hormat-senjata' (pardon me if I spelled it wrongly... but ORD LOH!) stance. The crowd went "Oooooph". I can see the commanders at the side smacking their foreheads in disgust. Hahah. I would have killed that recruit if he was under my company too. Other than that, I was just waiting for the march pass so that I could rush down to the front of the stadium and take a picture of Jermaine leading the company in the march past. But I was to be sorely disappointed.
-
March pass! Bronco company, the first company of the march pass. I was already at the front of the stadium before it started.
-
There's my brother carrying the flag!!!
-
And yes, he had to have his face blocked by the flag as he march passed. WASTED! The wind was blowing the flag snuggly into his face. What a waste. Would have been a perfect shot. Too bad he was unable to adjust the flag in any way on the parade square.
-
Oh well I got a nice shot of his back though... LOL...
-
Well the re-entry was quite a joke. The company right in front, Bronco was totally screwed up in their drills. No alignment, no dressing, no coordinated movements. And they so happen to be placed right in front. Well we can't ignore it even if we wanted to. Incidentally the soldier that dropped the rifle was from that company as well. There was a chap behind me who commented loudly that the company should be renamed "Buang" company instead. B is for BUANG! Hahaha! That chap may be evil but I can't agree more.
-

We're so proud of him!


Mom and Sophie (Jermaine's GF) had the honour of putting the jockey cap on his head.


POP loh!
-
Good ol Jermaine. One parent commented that its hard to find someone with the initials X.L. (see uniform initials) Hahaha. Well he was X-tra large once. But now he's freaking buff! Like a monster. His biceps are freaking me out daily.


I love my bro... Really we don't look a least bit alike. You better go OCS!!! Ok Sispec at least... I believe you can do it.

Click to see the Infantry Roar and the Cap tossing!
-
The lighting sucks that day. Dark clouds. Poor visibility. Every photographer's nightmare. Well I did my best as the day's Duty Orderly Cameraman, so better appreciate the video! It takes a short while to load but it's worth the wait. Hahah.
-
Ok! Blog break over. I better go back to studying for the Prices and Market Paper tomorrow. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home