html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: Food Day Out 2

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Food Day Out 2

I swore my waistline crept up a couple of inches. Almost could not put on my business pants today as I head back to work after a sinful long weekend.

Let's see, here's the Food roll for the past few days:

150508 - Thursday
Andy came over and play basketball at my place. We went out for a heavy dinner of oily and cholesterol rich malay zi cha and roti pratas. Washed down with iced tea and hundred plus.

160508 - Friday
Went to Billy Bombers at Central for a super belated birthday celebration for Weasel. Met up after my work and all I had to do was to take a short stroll from Chevron House to reach Central. I love the location of my office! We got the best table by the river! Had a Mixed grill set plus top up - Additional mushroom soup, US lemonade and a scoop of ice cream for dessert. AND I FORGOT TO BRING MY CAMERA FOR THAT DAY!!! ARRGH.

170508 - Saturday
Had dinner with my aunt, brothers and cindy at a quaint quiet little zi char joint called Bali Village at Lock Road, somewhere near CMPB. We then drove down to Dempsey road and had Ben and Jerry's. Gosh the calories are really pilling up.

180508 - Sunday
FOO house dinner - See last post below for details. . .

190508 - Monday

Went to Desmond's place to do module planning with him. I really hope that we can somehow find a favourable college in the US so I could go for the Overseas Exchange program with the minimal disruptions to the modules.

After a hard day to sieveing through countless user unfriendly universities websites, its time to head down to the Steamboat joint near his place that we've been vowing to try but never had a chance to. We managed to meet up with Vivian who happened to be shopping at the hub that day! Neat.


Those were the days when we had only 1 motive for being at AMK - doing work like nobody's business. Well its totally different now! Finally a time to sit down over a nice steamboat with some of the best people in the world.

A watched pot never boils. . . No wonder my kiao take so long to cook. Basketball Desmond! Stop staring!!!


The soup turned out to be pretty sweet. And the ingredients were much fresher than that of the joints in Marina. At 12 buckes per pax its reasonably priced I must say. . .
-

Hurry up. . .


This pic is dedicated to dear Nightstar. I successfully ate at least 18 prawns without using my hands to shell them. So you can imagine how long we ate. We ate from when it was bright to dark. Hahaha.
-
There's gotta be more to life, than chasing down every temporary high... says:
I ate lotsa prawns today!!!
-
nightstar is a pistachio popping machine says:
oh how many??
-
There's gotta be more to life, than chasing down every temporary high... says:
At least 18!!!

nightstar is a pistachio popping machine says:
You call that many?!?!?! WAHAHAH!
-
nightstar is a pistachio popping machine says:
Remember my mountain of prawn shells in Seoul Garden many many years ago???
-
There's gotta be more to life, than chasing down every temporary high... says:
-_-"
-
Ok. I was 鲁班门前舞大斧-ing. Hahaha. Nightstar is still the undisputed Queen (killer) of the tiny crustaceans. But hey its a start!
-

Good food good companionship. Life is good!


I refuse to give up eating despite the rest stopping. . . Greedy Shaun!!! No wonder my pull-ups dropped to 5. And my IPPT window will be opened soon. Gosh. . . I'm dead. . .


We wiped out everything. First steamboat that I went to when we didn't have to hide the wastages under the soup, plates or in the bowls or among the prawn shells or something. Hahah.


We took a short stroll and a longer route to Vivian's and my bus stop to catch the rides back. We detoured past this hilly mini park with an alternate see-saw. How cool is that? Time for Desmond and Vivian to relieve some good old childhood memories. Awww. They look so cute together. . .
-

The best post-dinner exercise routine. I'd had the perfect 'postcard' picture if only they were about 16 years younger each. Hahaha.


K I need to work on my 自拍 techniques. Teach me the way Edison!!! Hahaha. Kidding.
-
Wonder what would Kang say if he heard of all these 'Food horror' stories! I'm going to be a vegan this week! *As if ah. . . Think I had way too much good food to last me till the end of the month.
-
Anyway its time to sign off! I hope the 'on-form' blogging spirit in me keeps going! Have lotsa tales from the office to share! I'd try to be back soon! Night all!!!
-
PS. Please let MAN U win the Champions League tomorrow so I can laugh in Chelsea's face. . .

2 Comments:

At 1:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss SG food!!! haa but look slike u guys had a great time. =)

-geargina

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger On Eagle's Wings said...

Wah! Less than a week and you miss SG food already? That's fast! I heard about the spilled Balachan. Take care! Hahaha. Shiok ah America. Be sure to catch the NBA or WNBA there if you can!!! Its a dream to be in an NBA stadium sia.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home