html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: Long weekends are good for health

Monday, February 21, 2005

Long weekends are good for health

Had a pleasant suprise on friday evening when my platoon sergeant suddenly asked me to go for long weekend. Shiok! So yours truly was out of Tekong by 2100hrs on Friday night. Suprised Xin Yi by turning up outside her house late at night just to see her. Missed you so much dear!

Saturday was a long day of going out and spending quality time with friends. Went to sakae sushi(again urgh) to celebrate Sok's advance birthday. Getting rather sick of Japanese food already. Was supposed to go to Ku-Shin-Bo at Suntec for lunch with my BMTC colleagues. Skipped it on the excuse of having too much Jap food, only to find myself eating more Jap food at sakae. Talk bout' "out of the frying pan into the fire (Double urgh!)".

Sok and Doris both got new phones! Hrummph. I'm gonna get one too. Then can live my dreams of having Jolin Tsai mp3s as ringtone. Haha. Phones aside, there was much showing off and displaying of photo-taking abilities with their cam as Sok, Doris and Ning battled to see who has the best clarity, megapixel or whatever nonsense as the rest of us sat and watch or grudgingly flash "obliging" smiles for the camera. Hahaha. Sheesh.

Saw a pair of Havianas slippers that I'm going to buy at Heeren. They're comfy, but ex so to speak. But that's where good money goes to I suppose. All was fine till I met the most distasteful person I've known (not personally). He was soliciting and asking for "help" again on the streets along Orchard Road (see "You're the first person who PISSED me off in the new year! CONGRATS!!! 01 Jan.2005). Good thing he did not approach me again or I'd give him a knee ram on his groin followed by an elbow smash on his nose. Sheesh. Critters like him ought to be kept out of society for good if you ask me. I'm beginning to doubt if he's from any charitable organisation in the first place since he goes around without so much as an id or a permit. A fraudster if you ask me. Sheesh!

The second part of the day was a guilty and cholestrol filled trip to ulu Marina South for a steamboat, bbq buffet with squash buddies! Haven seen them for ages already. Sure miss them a lot. Had a good time of gorging on the food and just catching up on each other under the stars. Nice. Dang, Edward and Jami can drive le. No fun. Terence is now a comissioned officer(sir!), the rest are more or less cool. Cheesey hotdogs! My god. These buffets are getting more extravagant. Ate like I was a king, and a pauper. Funny eh? Was indeed a sinfully fun session. When are we going to have a squash session dudes?

Yeah. Get to spend Sunday alone with my dearest. Poor thing she has so much to study. So we headed down to our now favourite mug zone at cafe Galilee at bedok library. Been there so often I've even remembered the names of the 2 waitresses who are always there on Sunday. Haha. Yeah. 2 more comic books to book in with me this week. Happy. It is so nice to be with the one you love even though you are not doing anything. There is something magical about that eh? Couples do agree with me! Haha. Time really flies when you are with the right company. Soon it was time to part. Sigh. I love you dear! Will have to feed the cats alone this Sunday. Hrummph.
Never mind. Will tell the cats that you are not free, bet they'll miss you.

Almost time to throw away my civi attire and don my number 4. Really not looking forward to this book in as it is range week. 3 days for little sleep and draggy range. This week also boast of the 16km route march and OC muster parade which I'm the national flag bearer. Hope nothing screws up in the parade or you'll see me doing more weekend COS.

Till the dawn of Saturday, see you all and have a great week ahead! Take care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home