html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: The end has finally arrived

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

The end has finally arrived

Bleargh. The end that I dreaded has finally arrived. Its time once again to leave the civillian world and return to the wretched island of Pulau Tekong.

I must say that I have really enjoyed myself in the past month of freedom. Working from 8-5, having countless days of offs, meeting up with my friends, spending quality time with my family, and of course being together with dearest XinYi. It was the best month I had since my last major block leave in June last year when I graduated from Basic Maggots Training Centre, aka. BMTC.

Frankly speaking, life as a BMTC instructor isn't as appealing as when I first started off. Despite the power and authority vested upon you, the freedom of doing anything in camp, going canteen emart and mess whenever you feel like and of course the recognition you get in camp and outside(no one greets sergeants except BMTC recruits, just like yesterday when one of my former recruit shouted "Sergeant Shaun!" in the middle of Suntec City!!! My gosh... The shame...), life as an instructor is starting to lose its appeal.

The key reason? Regimentation and Rigidity.

This friday the new batch of recruits aka maggots would be enlisting into my company. Sian 1/2. It's time to repeat everything over and over again. Time to teach them how to tie their bootlaces, how to sew their camouflage nettings on the helmets, how to march.... The list never ends till the day they leave proudly as a private. Now I know why instructors always seem unhappy and unapproachable. Because there is no variety!!! But hey, someone gotta do the job right? Hahaha.

Let me see if I can maintain my "Most approachable instructor" tag in my platoon for this batch. Bwahahaha... Instructors are evil hor? Always thinking of ways to tekan recruits. I'd bet if eating recruits was legal, we'd probably done it. Hehehehe.

To make matters worse, XinYi will be going to the land of XXL ji pas, bingtang hulus, smelly beancurds, taiyang and laopo bings, instant convenient food, roadside eateries, night markets and crazy shoppings. YES! XinYi is going to TAIWAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Without me...

And for a holiday too...

To make matters more depressing, I won't be able to send her off at the airport as well because next weekend I'll be in camp confined with the new recruits. Sigh. Kill em' all I say!!!!!

Just joking.

Last day for me to enjoy. Will be booking in 2moro, and not seeing day light till Labour day, aka Slave day aka WEASEL day!

Weasel day=Labour day=Slave day=Wei Hao day=no wonder he become tpjc student council president cos he was BORN on Slave Day to be a SLAVE!!!!

BWAHAHAHA. Ok not funny. But this has always been the class joke in the past. Hehehehe.

Anyway Happy Birthday in advance good ol ah bang Wei Hao bro! Hahaha. Try to meet up on Labour day ok? Hopefully I will not kena any dreaded COS duty.

Till the dawn of May my friends! Chaos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home