html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: Bloody....

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Bloody....

Arrgh. Bloody hell indeed.

Just this lovely afternoon when I was meeting the princess, I got multiple cuts on the sole of my foot!!! Of which 2 were very deep. Dang it. Which is why I'm at home blogging on a lovely Saturday evening instead of partying out there somewhere. *SOB*

It all started with my smart aleck decision to chase after the train which is arriving in less than a minute. On the escalator en route to the top of the mrt platform at Kembangan station, I somehow executed a complex right-footed-trip-over-a-step-and-recovery-with-the-other-foot, resulting in the left left sole not covered by my Havaianas™ landing on the sharpest points of the escalator.

All I felt was a sharp pain as I ran into the train as the door closed, with the princess behind me.

"Heng ah, we made it"! I retorted with a relief. (still unaware of the cuts)

"See lah! Who told you to run, now you trip over heng nothing happen". She snapped.

"Haha. Alright alright. So where do we go? Tamp or Bedok"?

Then as I shifted my left foot, I felt a slippery sensation. As if your slippers were wet when you walk in the rain. The feeling of a body of liquid between my sole and my slippers suddenly gave me the shudders.

We quickly alighted at Bedok and went to sit down at the platform seats. True and gross enough, My slippers were covered in blood!!! Then I saw 3 cuts which were by now bleeding profusely.

XinYi and I panicked because we were running out of tissues also. It was comical as I now recalled that point of time. The public stared but none offerer any help. She quickly went down to alert the staff at the control room while I applied pressure on the wound with what little tissue I have left.

The mrt man came and the mrt man saw. He immediately went and got me much more tissue paper. With their help I managed to hobble to the lift and went down.

And guess where I went??? To the mrt staff room!!! You know the elusive exclusive secret room behind the rear escalator? Yup. That's exactly where I was. And I must say it was quite comfortable. The fully air-conditioned spotless room comes with a little pantry, a round table for meetings or a meal(now I know where they eat in the mrt), a comfy leather sofa and a hi-fi(although its playing tamil songs). I rested there while the staff went to get me the first aid kit.

As one of the staff attended to my wounds, the princess kindly took my bloodied slipper and went to the ajacent toilet to wash all the blood off it. Indeed the cool toilet was much cleaner(hrummph) than the non-airconditioned ones the public uses. After taking down my particulars, and my account of what happened, I was given a kind reminder to see a doctor immediately or risk getting an infection. Although the staff were untrained in first aid and did not really know how to treat my wounds, which I fortunately do happen to know, I appreciated their sincere concren. As I limped out of the station with a big wrapped up gauze under my foot, I thanked the staff for its help and apologised for leaving a few drops of blood on the platform that would require their cleaning.

We then proceeded to the library to return our books. That was where I rested my battered foot for the next 3 hours or so.

On the way back, I noticed that they have not cleaned up the blood stains yet which was then dried up. Oops. So if you happen to be to be at Bedok mrt and spotted blood stains beside the lift on the top platform, yup that would be mine.

Moral of the story:
Don't rush to catch a train, trying save 7 minutes(the arrival time of the next train), and end up wasting more than half an hour instead.

I mean, don't rush on the escalator. Don't ever. DON'T.

I hope I recover in time to go out tomorrow. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home