html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: Work work work

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Work work work

I’m sorry that it’s been a while since I last updated. But I’ve been real busy since mid November. That’s because I’m working from 9-6 on weekdays and my weekends are jammed packed with activities to help me forget about the weekdays.

Anyway for those who still do not know, I am currently working in a law firm at Raffles’s place as a legal assistant. Hahaha. Name sounds good only but the sad truth is I do all kinds of work for the lawyers I’m working with. Basically it’s a whole lot of administrative and paper work. Includes churning out reports and summarizing lots of drafts, editing of documents, resolutions prospectus, reports blah blah blah. All these and more on top of the usual typing, filing, printing and photocopying.

Responsibilities aside, it is really cool to work at a law firm even as a temporary staff. That’s because I got my own computer with internet connection and telephone line. Hahaha. I even have my own email with the law firm. But that’s not an advantage cos lawyers can arrow me work without even leaving their desks. Tons of work flood in through those mails. They really know how to make full use of even their temp staff.

The pay is pathetically low as this counts as an internship. But fortunately this firm pays more than the average internship rate. Anyone could have earned more elsewhere at any other firms doing admin work. But fortunately I’m learning loads daily through all the work. Unfortunately the work that I do is classified. Haiz. There’s so much secrecy involved that files had to be locked, codenames have to be given for projects, documents have to be properly kept and irrelevant documents disposed off the right way. So much so that the Shredmaster3203S has been my closest companion in office to date. Hahaha. I’m kidding but I really love playing with the shredder.

After working with so many lawyers, I’m really glad to say that my childhood ambition would not be realized, Lawyers have a very stressful corporate and social life. Meals have to be eaten in front of computers and work gets taken home daily. Deadlines expire by the minute and overtime is the norm in this firm. Children are occasionally taken to the firm as parents cannot afford the time to look after them. Lawyers go on leave to only remember they got a last minute task left and rush back to office to work when they are on supposed leave. From what I see, those dudes are worth every cent of their high salary. I gotta admit I admire their dedication to their profession. For without dedication and passion, I’d doubt many can survive the rigours of their occupation.

After working for 3 weeks, I realized why Peter says to enjoy schooling life. I find myself looking forward to school again. Work has lost its appeal to me already. Hahaha. I’m a super san fen zhong re du kind of person anyway. The most important thing I’ve learn on this stint: It’s to really find a job that you enjoy doing. If not you’ll find yourself dragging your feet to work everyday. Life would really be a bore and all you can look forward to are only weekends and public holidays.

Also I just got my results for my first undergraduate semester! All I'll say is Doris I owe you half a kushinbo meal. Hahaha. Was really disappointed but I blame myself for not putting in enough effort. Sheesh.

Christmas is coming! And I can’t wait for it. It’s the best time of the year for me. But for now I’m looking forward to this weekend with party plans already formulated. Have to have short term goals to keep me motivated through the week. Heh. For now, some advertising. The princess and her choir will be caroling at malls like PS and dunno where else from the 18th of December. Details will be released further. But if anyone who’s free and love carols can jio me to go and listen.

Christmas is coming the goose is getting fat!!! (So am I)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home