html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: Day out with the gang...

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Day out with the gang...

Day out with the usual gang, brought together by the common purpose of visiting Yue Ting. She's became a financial adviser and set up appointments with us last Saturday at her office located at ParkView building. Referred as 'Gotham City' by Weasel because of its weird Gothic inspired architecture. My appointment was first among us and I had some time to kill while waiting for the rest to complete their meeting with Yue Ting.


Do any of you recognise this place???

Not me definitely. Wee Cheer was praying at the Bugis Temple and he brought me to this place known as the 'flea market' after he was done. Let's see its location is obscurely located behind Sim Lim Towers, and the stalls are set up anywhere along the road.

They sell anything and everything there! I was blown away by the enormity of the things on sale. You can find antiques like gramphones, Laser Discs, Nokia 3210, Faded super lao jiao No 4s, early generation laptops that still have a diskette drive, the list goes on.

Weirder stuffs include, USED sports shoes, some Mc Donalds old happy meal toys, recycled magazines, watches (real, fake, ultra fake) that does not tick, and many things that seemingly serve no purpose or things you throw away every now and then.


Anything and everything goes... Can't believe its the first time I'm here. There's treasure to be found if you're lucky!

Finally Weasel and Su Qin are done with their appointments and all of us headed to Fish and Co for dinner. Been a long time since I last went there. Remember I used to be addicted to their passionfruit soda. After last Saturday I still realise I still am. Must learn how to make it at home haha.

Were debating the options of activities after dinner and settled on Karaoke-ing. Kbox-ing on weekend costs a bomb. So we went to Chinatown to try our luck at the $10 Karaoke joint.


Pretty Chinatown on a weekend.


I am going to eat here one day! Although I don't know when.


Can't blame me for doing this right? Blame the cat for not turning over! Hahaha.

We were not so fortunate. That place's fully booked had to go to the next cheapest alternative. K-ster. First time I went there and I'm quite amazed by their 'mouse' controlled system of choosing songs. Very smooth. Beats the lousy stiff buttons of the remote control of K-box.


Some of the pictures of the event. The K-歌王s and 皇后 LOL.

Don't know why I did this but I was just playing around with the HP photosmart premiere program on the laptop. But I'm still far behind the creation of collages. Hahaha. Must learn more from the princess. But I thought the mini photos were cute too.


This photo of the shophouses turn out to be more errie than when seen personally. Taken after our singing session around 130 am.

Weasel drove us to Jalan Kayu for prata after that. Didn't went to the supposed original 'Jalan Kayu' joint so the prata was so-so only. But I finally seen a branch of 'Mad-Jack' restaurant! Another expand-your-waistline-by-an-immediate-cm-must-visit food joint! Heard a lot about it from the press.


That's Cheers for you.

Heng Wee Cheer, famous for sleeping anywhere and everywhere anytime. This time sleeping while waiting for his milo and prata. Maybe should do a collage of all his sleeping pics in Cambodian restaurants, Tuk-tuks, cafes? I'm sure Weasel won't mind. =P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home