html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: Of Australian Beaches

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Of Australian Beaches

I hope you readers aren't tired of seeing so many pictures of us. But I thought it would be a nice memory for both of us, and we would like to share our experience. Anyway, I gotta interrupt the blogging of the roadtrip with this post as I'll be going over to Melbourne and Sydney for a total of about 3 weeks, during which I may not be able to blog as often. Hence, would want to get this post down, and Shaun can carry on with the rest of the road trip.
~
Went to Rottnest Island with Elain on 10th Dec.
~

Our excited faces on the ferry. The ferry costs us $47 loh. So much money!! Really broke now. Luckily dad sent some reinforcement, so I can don't worry about not having money in Melbourne and Sydney le. Thanx Papa!!
~



Elain and Tricia at the Basin. It's crowded with SO MANY people!!

~
While Elain and Tricia were trekking, Rui and I took the easier way out (or so we think). The roads were difficult to manoeuvre on a single gear bike (erm... I don't know how gear works) coz there were so many slopes!! Going up and down them is tough enough, but getting up and down them when one hand is battling the flies that are attacking your face and everywhere else is of enormous task. It was really tiring, and very dangerous. Rui even crashed into a bush coz she closed her eyes to a whole lot of flies! Quite a sight actually as I was behind her!
~
She kept shouting "FLIES!!" and I was constantly asking her to close her mouth (try saying "flies" and pulling it as long as you can)! So imagine the racket!! Haha!
~

The quokka, which is one of the inhabitants of Rottnest Island. They are so cute! Like mini kangaroos.


We had to wear helmets while cycling. It's a shame coz can't feel the wind in our hair. But I think it's better that we wore it, coz the roads are so scary!!
~
While we were cycling, Elain and Tricia were hiding at Dome Cafe. And this pic was taken just before Rui and I left for the 2nd round of cycling.
~

Finally the beach! It's such a welcoming sight after some tough cycling. It was hot, late 20s to early 30s. Hey, I had been enjoying weather of late 10s to early 20s, so this is hot for me!! Anyway the sun was scorching and the flies were out in full force. Wonder how I'm going to bear the full heat and flies of summer.
~


We almost had the beach to ourselves coz it was late already. Around 5 plus?? But the sun was still high up in the sky.
~

This is the best position to be. The water is quite calm. I joiner her there and we had potato chips. Damn shiok!
~
After washing up, we went back to Dome again, while waiting for our 8 o clock ferry. I like this pic. It looks as if I frequent the beach often! So sunkissed!
~
~
Ok, that was Rottnest Island. I really love that place, with it's calmness and perpetual sense of relaxation and holiday making. The beaches and waters are really really clean, and you would not hesitate to go into the waters. And quokkas would come out at around 6 plus and start hunting for food.
~
We went Cottesloe Beach today and it had such a different feel. For once, it's much more crowded. But it's not as crowded as we thought it would be for such a famous beach. The water is not as clean, but not with rubbish, but lotsa sea stuffs, and is really really salty. I can feel the saltiness at the back of my throat till now.
~
The waves at Cottesloe is really shiok!! It's huge!! Makes the ones in SG looks really puny. If you get hit by one at the edge of the water, it's difficult to stand or even keep your balance. And that happened to us alot, and it always brought us bouts of laughter.
We will be back in Cottesloe soon, ermm.. after Melbourne and Sydney, coz as Rui says, it's free anyway. And it's lots of fun!!
~
On another note, I just received this email from my auntie with this pic. It's so sweet! And the one that really caught my attention is XuanXuan, the little boy. He looks so modellish! Look at his dao look!! Hahaha. Could not stop grinning when I see the pic. This guy has potential, and he is all of 7 years old!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home