html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: P.O.P goes the first batch!

Sunday, March 06, 2005

P.O.P goes the first batch!

In case you folks have been wondering why I have not been blogging for the past 2 weeks, well its because I've been real busy with work. Furthermore there were only very short weekends which I hardly have enough time to enjoy or rest, much less to blog. I still think I am underpaid for all the things I do and all the weekends that I've burnt. Hrummph. Anyway, in a short fortnight, we have completed the whole range package, walked the 16km route march and started rehearsing for the graduation parade held later this week on Wednesday.

In a blink of an eye, 13 weeks have flown by. Seems like only yesterday that my first batch of recruits have enlisted. From super unfit and lazy JC students, the 13 weeks in MOHAWK have turned them into fighting fit soldiers ready to take on challenges in their future units or schools. There is a sense of pride knowing that you have played a part in the recruits' achievement of their ippt golds, company best shots, and most importantly, their entry to OCS or SISPEC. That is the reward of being a BMTC instructor, the groomer of future leaders in the army.

In a nutshell, I have been in rather poor health for the past 2 weeks. Sore throats, flus and coughs are common irritants that were bugging me lately.
Maybe its because I have been screaming at the recruits too much since the range package. Oops. Heh. Furthermore, there is an invasion of legions of mosquitoes at night these days due to the reclaiming of land just across the instructors bunk near the sea. The uneven land traps rainwater and becomes instantly a production factoy for millions of mossies. No!!!!!! Stoopid contractors. It is now illegal to sleep without your blanket and a mosquito coil by your side nightly. Ignorants of these safety measures find themselves covered with itchy 20-cent coin bites the next morning. Sheesh. Hope the work ends soon. The coils are costing a bomb!!!!!!

My new motto for the rest of the army is "Body For Life" as influenced by my next door bunk mates who are really into body building. Haha. Just last week I have measured the size of my biceps. A puny 12" compared to their average of 14". Haha. Looks like more gym sessions are in order during lull period. I am also trying to cut down on my carb intake and go for more protein instead. Haha. It is certainly nice to have "personal trainers" within your reach anytime.
I also gotta start training for my ippt. Next two batches are Pes E recruits followed by Pes C ones. Therefore, one has to be very commited to self-training in order to preserve their personal fitness.

Yes! 4 more days to P.O.P (passing out parade)! I will definitely miss my smart bunch of JC recruits. But I am definitely looking forward to taking the next batch of recruits and once again nurture the fighting force in our army. Will be walking the 24km route march on Monday. Sheesh. Just realised that I have many more 24km route marches to go. Hahaha. Oh well. Book in time! Till next weekend folks. Adios!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home