html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: Selamat Hari Raya!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Selamat Hari Raya!

Qn: What is worse than seeing someone who wore exactly the same Hari Raya clothes as you did on your visiting trips?

Ponder about that while I reveal the answer later.

Once again we survived the annual visit to Geylang Serai on the eve of Hari Raya.

All that despite a crazy paper thats starting in about 19 hrs. It's sort of an annual affair now and its sort of fun to just sieve through the throng and look at all the super cheap stuffs that are on
sale even if we hardly buy anything.


We were dressed in clothes that we were prepared to throw with all the madness that's going on there. PS: My hair may be messy and ugly but at least it's brown!!! Wahaha.


View atop the bridge which leads to.....


Food Paradise!!!

If there's any sane reason to be where the whole world is on the wrong day, it gotta be the food that you would fight and die for. Which is the main aim for us every year as we hunt down the morsels that we love from the hundreds of stalls.


In anti-clockwise direction, chicken wings, kebab, fried you tiao, and RAMLY burger!!! Wash it all down with sugar cane juice.

Well this was just the starters as we were both famished by now. I have this crazy insatiable lust for juicy ramly burgers that would send me running to any pasar malam burger stall in sight and draw that 2 dollar bill and some coins automatically out of my wallet. In order to beat the heat, noise and smoke we took cover at some corner in air conditioned office building or hotel and had an indoor picnic.


I'll be the first to admit that I do not look my best when I'm eating. Just leave me and my burger alone.


Gosh people none the wiser would thought we haven't ate the whole month!


A much fuller and satisfied princess in the midst of all the chaos.

We would later spend more money on 2 cheesy hotdogs, a cup of Bandung and a can of green tea and a cup of ice cream. Chalking up a total of 18 bucks on food. But if you ask me its all worth it.


Time to cross this crazy road once again to the shopping area.


After dunno how many steps and twice as much 'excuse mes' later, the shopping area is in sight!


Finally. Time to shop shop shop with a higher propensity to drop...

And shopping till literal dropping would not be suprising. Given the number of people and the unbearable heat. I would have been much happier if not for the tremendous number of smokers present. As if the smoke from haze and all the charcoal fuelled stalls is not bad enough, we had to put up with the constant inhaling of cigarette smoke. I wonder why some parents would bring babies in arms while shopping through a smoke filled area that does not even give you space to extend an arm. Really. Poor kids. Geylang Serai on the eve of Hari Raya is only fit for the healthy.

Wanted to incinerate my nicotine, tar and tobacco scented shirt but decided not to in the end. We made it home tired but safe before 10. Think I was hard core? Nah. My parents went there yesterday after 12am! Talk about leadership by example. I'm still a noob by that yardstick.

Time to go back to studying again. Haiz. I'll be much happier after tomorrow's OB paper. Carries the least percentage while encompassing the most content. Sheesh.

See ya all after my exams!

Ans: Wearing the same set of Hari Raya clothes with your whole family and seeing another famile dressed in the same garb. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home