html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: Packing up things and leaving behind memories

Friday, January 09, 2009

Packing up things and leaving behind memories

Its the last 3 days before I'm due to fly off and I'm packing like mad! The room is filled with clothes, shoes, bags, school notes, important documents and whatever else. There's hardly space to put a piece of A4 paper flat on my room floor. Heh.

Desmond and Zhong Hao have already left for America. I hope they're having a great time on the plane now. We'll catch each other up in the states online soon!

The past few nights was filled with frenzied packing and also settling all the administrative stuffs. There's also the preparation of WIL 2 and a mock interview held yesterday (which went without a hitch thankfully) that kept me up till 4am the past few nights.

I also managed to meet up with Kiam and Farhan on Wednesday. Good to know that they're both doing great. Kiam has just returned from an Europe Exchange and Farhan, while going strong in handling his double degree course, is looking at ways to further his studies in US. Goody! I managed to kapo a good windbreaker with padding and also a set of not so thick gloves from Kiam. Farhan gave me a cute wirer coiler from science centre as a parting gift. Gees you guys rock!

I finally got 90% of my clothes in 2 medium-large size ziplog bags!


I can save you the trouble of clicking to read my writing off the post-its

Here are the contents!

Pack 1:
1 x Puma Sweaters
1 x Jeans
1 x Cardigans
2 x T-shirts
1 x Berms
1 x Shorts
1 x Business Shirt
1 x Scarf
1 x Beanie
1 x Face towel

Pack 2:
1 x Large SAF Towel
1 x Nike Windbreaker
1 x Cardigan
3 x T-shirts
1 x Berms
1 x Shorts
1 x Business Shirt

Amazed at what can go into each bag??? This is not all the clothes that I'm bringing over. I'd display more but I'm out of ziplog bags. All that's left of clothes is about 1 business pants and 1 jeans left. Ahaha.


I managed to squeeze the clothes into thin and heavy slabs or fabrics. If there's one thing I learnt well (if any) from my time in the army is the wise usage of ziplog bags to maximise space. Check out! the thickness on one such pack is just slightly taller than that of my rubic cube!

You'd notice I have split my clothes almost evenly. That's because those flying on United Airlines get to check in 2 x 23 Kg of load. I should think that all my stuffs can fit within a single 23 Kg bag for the trip there, but I'm not so sure if the 2 x 23 Kg load is enough for the trip back!

I'm rather worried about going overseas at this time actually. Elder bro have not found a job yet, and Jerm is still in NS. The house will be darn quiet with only my parents around.

Dad and mom are both moving on to new job. Mom has already quit her job in the Christian Outreach and Dad's contract with Pathlight school has ended. But thankfully God has opened doors. Mom has already found a better paying job with St Andrew's Autistic School while Dad has successfully passed an interview with Excelsior hotel today and they have just offered him a position of sous chef. I suppose its good for Dad too. Given his age its not advisable for him to take on the stress of an executive chef. He's not exactly 40 right?

Dad was asked to whip up 2 asian and 2 western cuisines using a given set of ingredients in the hotel's restaurant. So he cooked hokkien mee, chicken rice, beef stragonoff and pan-fried salmon with lemon sauce for a panel of 6 of directors and managers. Lucky panel. Even I don't that much of Dad's food at one go. Hahah. Not a mixture of east and west anytime. Speaking of Dad's cooking I'll be missing the annual reunion dinner feast! I mean feasts! Arrgh. Don't think any cafeteria food can match what will be on my dining table this Jan 25th evening.

Been gorging on all the local food lately. I will miss the food!

Ok time for a trademark abrupt ending. I'm off to pack now. Just remembered I forgot to pack in the underwear for the trip. Geez.

1 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Blogger Fiddler's green said...

Happy New Year! So exciting. Leaving for America already. Don't worry. I kept meeting up with people before I left too but actually you'll see them again when you come back! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home