html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: UNCG Sceneries

Sunday, January 18, 2009

UNCG Sceneries

Since I'm so tired I shall do a simple short picture post. I haven got around all of UNCG yet but I've been to quite a fair bit. So here are some pics of the grounds. I'm so going to grab photos from the others as well.


Main entrance to dining hall


Most buildings are in these dark red shades





Some pictures of the 77 buildings or more within UNCG


The official logo of the college in its blue and yellow colours


Traditional buildings with chimneys - UNCG was established on Feb 18 1891. Geez such a long history.


The library (duh)


I must have looked sissy doing it but who cares



Early bloomers seemingly unaffected by winter


USA and NC flag


Plenty of lush green pastures all over the college


Minerva - Roman goddess of wisdom was adopted as the college's seal


Dried and bare trees


This one with some weird but beautiful lanterns on it


And this one with the silhouette of a squirrel munching on a nut. They can be seen scurrying across the college at this time of the year.


The main walkway that connects the college from one end to the other


Greenhouse on top of science building


Main clock tower. Its a taboo for college students to walk under it. Rumours are that you won't graduate on time if you do. Weird huh?


A fountain with the sides of the water frozen up. This was yesterday at -13 degrees Celsius. Agonisingly cold weather that staff and old students assure us that its a freak pattern.


A far glimpse of the college stadium


Hey they have multi-storey carparks too! And one would think that they have too much space. Or is it because Americans have too much darn cars?


Roads across the campus. I heard that fall is when the college is most beautiful. Too bad I won't have the chance to see it.


Setting sun across the library. It gets dark here by 6pm.


Lastly a picture of my mailbox as promised! For bulky items I will receive an email to ask me to go to the student centre to collect it. Cool huh?

I wished I'd take more pictures but its so cold out that I can't stand taking the gloves out of my hand to even snap more photos. We were all dashing and making a beeline for the warm buildings whenever we're outside. Heh. So I guess I'll show more pictures next time (if I ever get to walk finish the campus during my stay here)!

Its 1am already! I think I'm getting over jet-lag. Time to sleep! I'm going to church tomorrow. Hehehe. Take care all you people back home!

You're all badly missed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home