html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: Reaching UNCG

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Reaching UNCG

Hi all! The UNCG crowd touched down without a hitch. Thank you all for your prayers of safety and baggage protection! Hehe. Except for butt pains, a little bit of jet lag and a rather cold nose, yours truly is doing good in UNCG, has eaten pizza at a reception party and has spent a cold night in my room. Room's pretty interesting. Will dedicate a whole post to it soo.

But for now here's the journey!


To those that saw us off at the airport and especially to my family, thank you!!!


Was also very nice of Kenny to drop down and see us off in this wee hour


Ana and Yan Hao saying good byes right up till the final moment


The seats on this economy class trip to Narita is damn small. My poor legs. Fortunately the japanese strager beside me offered to swap my window seat for the aisle. Allowing me to chat with the others better and also stretch out my legs into the walkway.


Breakfast time! All's good except the vegetable. Tastes like a salty gob and I still don't know what vege you call that.


Eat eat eat!!!


Clear skies all the way! From Singapore to Narita to Washington right up to UNCG


Enjoying a hot drink on a cold plane


The cup's real but I doubt the authenticity of the drink's origin


Coast off Narita, Tokyo


Some of the transit stops. Narita gotta be one of the suckiest airport. Everything requires cash, even the wireless internet. Sheesh.


Shop that sells all kinds of stuff


We didn't had to wait long for the plane


Before long we're checking in again


And going airborne!


Fortunately the seats that we got on the second leg of the journey is United Economy Plus! There's a whole lot of difference! For one I get to stretch my legs all the way till the end without getting any obstructions!!! Amazing. We do not know how we got these seats as well. Gotta check at our itineraries again.


Welcome snack, Pretzels. It reads as 'I love United'


I chose beef over curry chicken. And I'm no vegan! Its because Yan Hao does not eat any borocoli, so that's why my plate's full of it, covering the beef. This was the best meal on flight.


Getting comfy. Its a darn 11 hours to Washington. Oh my poor legs and butt.


Ana has this knack for drinking milk at every opportunity. Hahaha. Just like a little baby. Sheesh.

After a gruelling 11 hour journey which saw me drinking gallons of orange and even taking a dump mid air, we touched down at Washington safely.

We walk around and took some photos with. . .


President and Vice-President elect of US who else???


YES I CAN


We were having so much fun taking pictures that some other transit passengers and Americans joined us too.


Of great interest would be all these inaugural stores set up pretty much every corner of the airport selling all sorts of Democrats and Republican nosh. Wonder what happens after the inauguration ceremony? These shops fold up?


She may be a kid, but a Democrat kid at that


Setting off for Greensboro, NC in the setting sun.


We decided that she's more of luggage than travel companion. Hahaha. She has just passed a baggage screening.


Yan Hao and Ana taking a nap. Our plane got delayed till about 545pm, and it was pitch dark outside at that time. Talk about early sunset.


I sat in the smallest plane ever. It has only 3 seats in each , seperated by an aisle, and is served by a single flight steward. It resembles more a bus with wings.


Apporaching NC


My room!

We were driven to the Hawkins house (filled to brim with international students) and were straightaway assigned rooms to go to.

Yan Hao's room is just opposite my room and he's bunking in with a Mexican on exchange. How cool is that? I will tell you more about my roommate as soon as I can (I have yet to met him).


This is what the yellow sign said. So nice of them.


I set up my laptop before anything else as you can see. Will do a post of my room soon. Its very interesting!


We were all given a welcome package and a folder of different colours with important documents in it. It so happens that my folder is GREEN in colour!? Are they psychic or what??

Ok that's it for now. I woke up early at 6am (its now evening back home for you guys) just to do this post. Will be up to neck with orientation activities beginning at 8am all the way over these few days.

Will try to blog again when time permits! See you all!!!

2 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger Kang said...

Y0z hows is it going over there?
The breakfast you had on the plane looks delicious to me. Keep us updated on the stuff over there

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger On Eagle's Wings said...

Its going good! Jet lagged a bit and feeling cold but otherwise doing fine. Hahaha. Yup will try to blog as often as I can!! Take care back there in Singapore bro.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home