html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: Hospital Night 2 and Day 3: Let the poking begin!!

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hospital Night 2 and Day 3: Let the poking begin!!

There has been some major changes since my last post. The consultant came at around 3 plus and I was having palpitations and cold sweat!! So the 4 hourly hypocount taking is changed to 3 hourly. And the protocol changed...

<2.5: Take 3 tubes of blood
2.5-3.3: hourly hypocount taking
3.3-4: 3 hourly

And my readings are as follows:

4pm: 4.1; 7pm: 3.1, 8pm: 3.6 (phew!); 11pm: 3.3 (oh no!!) and it was 3.3 for some time before going down to 3.1 at aroun 5pm. Then it was 3.1 for 3 hours. Then 9am: 2.9 (whee finally some changes!!); 10pm: 3.2 (hmmm....) and finally 11am: 2.3!!

Then the MO came and took 3 (!!) tubes of blood. Anyway she told me there was this guy who cannot tahan anymore and stopped the investigation coz he was too hungy. I'm not going to starve for nothing!!

This morning was really bad, as an ignorant nurse brought in breakfast for me (yam cakes) and the smell of the food just filled the whole room and made me nearly lose my control!! It was then I forced myself to sleep and the hunger pang was over. It's amazing... 46hours without food and I am still alert. Albeit slow and confined to my bed.

One more bad thing though... they gonna take more tubes of blood from me!!

Help!! My left fingers are all blue blacked, and my vein on my left hand is crazily blue blacked too!! And for the next blood taking, they gonna take blood from the back of my palm!! *gulps!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home