html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: Confused? Not me...

Friday, March 11, 2005

Confused? Not me...

"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo da Vinci (1452-1519)

"Therefore I choose neither to praise nor to censure, I choose to seek the truth:P ." Shaun Foo (1985- )


It was a boring Thursday afternoon and I for once have nothing to do, no parties to attend, no friends to meet, no girlfriend to go shopping with and worse still, NO ONE ONLINE TO CHAT WITH!!!!!!!!

Threfore I started to do an online research about the credibility of Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code. And I found out many insights and grey areas of the book. I've also uncovered many articles that gives many an argument about the authenticity of certain topics mentioned.

But I shall not bore you people with what I found out about the book. Instead I chance upon an interesting article that suggest that the "Priory of Sion" still exists today with famous members like JK Rowling included. Hahahaha!!!! That was the funniest thing I've heard since Dan Brown's interpretation of John in the painting of Da Vinci's Last Supper as Mary Magdalene. What a joke!

It may sound absurd. But there are indeed many similarities ideologies about these 2 books that may seem a little too coincidental. However, one should not take the similarities and draw the conclusion that Rowling is a Priory member and/or habours ideas of the "sacred feminine."

Here are some similarities for you to ponder on:

1. In Chapter 79, Dan Brown lists the suspected Grand Masters of the Priory of Scion throughout Medieval to modern times. Nicolas Flamel, the French alchemist, was suspected to be the head from 1398 to 1418. It was reported that Nicolas Flamel discovered the way to transform lead into gold through an ancient text he deciphered over 21 years of study, but this hearsay has little to do with his involvement with the Priory. He is also most noted for the Philosopher's Stone, which many believe he has used to keep him alive even to this day.

* Harry Potter author, J.K. Rowling, made mention of Nicolas Flamel and his Philosopher's Stone in her first novel of the series.


2. O, Draconian devil/ Oh, lame saint : _____________

* I am Lord Voldemort: Tom Marvolo Riddle


3. Mary Magdalene has reddish-brown hair

* Harry mother's name is Lily(the flower of SP), and she too has reddish-brown hair


4. Sophie and her family have green eyes

* So does Harry Potter and his mother.


5. The Da vinci code is a book about the tie of the blood line. When Sophie hugs her brother at the end of the book, she feels the shared bloodline.

* It's kind of similar to the basic theme in Harry Potter (his mother's blood protects him from Voldie). It's basically a story about bloodline too.


Hahaha. A little bit of coincidence there eh? Well. That's all I can find out for now. But seriously speaking, if you ask me, both books are but two very intelligent and original works that MAKE good uses of facts. Both books however remain fictitious and should remain nothing more than good bedtime reads. I, personally do not believe in any of the ideologies presented in either of these two books. I have my reservations and sources to back what I believe.

But then again, isn't reading all about discretion? Hahaha. Fact or Fiction? you decide folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home