html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> I Need an Invention, Intention, to stop Temptation to Scream...: The Sore Runner

Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Sore Runner

Well I know I'm suppose to continue with the good ol tales from Downunder but I don't have time to do a proper long pictorial entry anyway. Been busy with work in the day and other commitments like projects in the evening. YES projects unbelivable to many of you I suppose. But I don't wanna talk about it for now. Not on my blog anyway. Hehehe.

Shall entertain you folks with something else. Went jogging yesterday in bid to remove the festive flab built on tons of good food and a hearty indulgence in chocolates. Well I'm also preparing to run the Army Half Marathon again next year, so might as well start training. I'm not making a new year resolution or anything but KANG is running with me. KANG better don't last minute 'ban seh' me hor. Hahaha. *Puts pressure on him. Ran about 12km yesterday hence the reason for SORE legs today! Was walking around work today as if I had a severe case of thigh abrasion or as if my Ba*** were suddenly extra huge. Hahaha.

Anyway I got home at 6pm after work last evening and it was still drizzling quite heavily so I decided to wait a while. Took off half an hour later and with my MP3 on at full blast nothing can stop me! Then it start to drizzle again the moment I hit East Coast. Quite a chilling and therapeutic experience. Haven't ran with the wind and rain in my face for ages. Managed to go pass the usual 4.5km turnabout landmark at Marine Cove Macdonalds and tried to see how long further I could proceed. Overtook quite a few people and finally reached the mini jetty in the direction of Fort Road beside the lookout tower.

I turned back at that point and continued with the run home. Then back again before Macs I got overtaken by a stocky balding man who seems to be in his 40s! Was initially amazed at his pace. I envy older folks who can still run! Bet I'll look like Santa Claus by the time I hit middle age. I am naturally fine with people overtaking me. They do all the time. And at East Coast one is bound to meet many seasoned runners. I get overtaken by fast girls quite frequently too. So this man overtook me and turned back and 'DIAO-ed' me. Ok so you run faster but so what? Then at about 50 metres on he slowed down and jogged at a normal pace slower than mine. As I approached he sped up again. -_-" So being the SORE Runner that I was, I could not let him have the last word in this race.

This 'race' carried on for some distance. I kept a distance of no more than 10 metres behind him, closing in every now and then. Well after about 7km already naturally I'm bit spent, can't match his pace and his singlet seems to be dry. Has he just started his run??? Still I was determined not to lose to someone who seems to be mocking at me. Hey at least I tried right? I can't let down the Infantry Singlet that I was wearing too!!! Hahaha bull shit since when was there pride in that anyway. LOL. He turned back every now and then to ensure he kept a comfortable distance! Talk about being competitive!

We soon approached Burger King and I was going to turn back into the overhead bridge that would lead me back to Marine Terrace and the park connector. I gave one last burst and was actually going to overtake him when that maggot shifted to my path! Arrgh. What's his friggin problem anyway? So I used my 'nitro' gave a last burst overtook him on his right then cutting abruptly back into his path knocking his right arm in the process, then running like a gazelle with a leopard on its back, I made a beeline left for the bridge praying that that is not his intended route of running. Thank goodness he didn't follow and went ahead to Area C of East Coast. But I did felt the 'flying dagger stares' at the back of my head as I overtook him. Once on the bridge I immediately took a short breather and slow jogged my way home. I am such a 'SORE' (loser?) runner. Hahaha. BUT I GOT THE LAST WORD SO I DON'T REALLY CARE.

Well the end result was that I finished back at my block right on the 1 hr mark! An amazing achievment given the usual slower times for shorter distances. Hahaha. I am damn unfit la. And I need a 'pacer'. Must work harder to finish AHM with a respectable time. Kang jia you man!

K time to sleep. Project meeting tomorrow night! Liang Jing Ru concert the next night I'm jammed packed with activites and loving it! =)

Sorry I WILL do the Aussie post I promise. I vowed the heads to those stuffed Kangeroos remember?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home